- White Man Dies on Lagos/ Ibadan Expressway Accident
- Peace Corps of Nigeria, Advocate Of Rights To Peace -Ogun Commandant
- 2019 — Ogun APC Reverses Decision , Adopts Indirect Primaries
- Motorcyclist, 4 Others Crushes To Death on Lagos/Ibadan Express
- Ijebu Ode – Septuagenarian Defiles 2 Underage Girls
- Paris Club Refund – Ogun Govt. receives N17.3bn , To Clear Deductions, Gratuity, Others
- Bafarawa Harps on Unity, Peace for Nigeria’s Growth
- Direct Primaries Will Boost Nigeria’s Democracy — Ogun assembly aspirant
- 2019: Group Petitions APC Over Adoption Of Badoo kingpin As Consensus Candidate In Ogun
- 2019 Polls : Don’t Elect President Based On Sentiment – Saraki
We Are Working With IBEDC To Combat Vandalism Of Electrical Cables – Ogun NSCDC Commandant
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), has said that it was collaborating with the Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) to fight vandalism and theft of electricity cables around Ogun State.
Mr Philip Ayodele, the State Commandant of the Corps, disclosed this during a press conference held at the commands headquarter, Oke Ilewo, Abeokuta on Monday.
Ayodele explained that the NSCDC in Ogun was planning to partner with IBEDC to ensure adequate protection for these critical assets to avoid vandalism by criminals.
He also noted that the Corps had stepped up surveillance around pipelines and electricity installations in the state in order to put an end to vandalism of the critical national asset.
“We have instituted several legal proceedings on suspected vandals of IBEDC cables across the state and have also established a combat team against vandalism of all sorts in order to rid the state of crime, ” he said. I
He added that despite the enormous challenges as regards vandalism in the state, the Command had continued to be proactive in its duties.
“On June 8, two suspected pipeline vandals died in pipeline explosion, while the lone survivor by name Animasaun Segun also died on Saturday while helping us with some useful intelligence.
“Animasaun had once been a victim of fire explosion during some of his illicit acts and nemesis only taught him a bitter lesson having refused to learn.
“Before his death, he confessed to have started this nefarious acts as a teenager and that the whole stuff seems of the conscription into “Cultic” group and it’s impossible to withdraw.
“He mentioned that he started the illicit act in 2012 when he was 16 years old, ” he said.
The commandant reiterated that the NSCDC would not tolerate any act of criminality especially in the areas of disruption, vandalism and misuse of government infrastructures.
He noted that the country thrived on responsible and purposeful driven youth which the present Federal Government was trying to build and sustain.