- One Die , Six Injured In Ogun Lone Accident
- Driver Kills Ogun TRACE Official
- Abeokuta : Agura of Gbagura Passes On At 78
- Ijebu-Ode: 3 Killed In Lightening Strike During Heavy Downpour
- Police Kill Two Suspected Armed Robbers in Ijebu Ode
- We Now Feel impact Of Democracy Through Finance Minister’s Contribution – – Ogun Community Indigenes
- “You Lied, Supreme Court Ordered You to Pay N6b in 14 Days” Innoson Tells GTB
- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
Police Kill Two Suspected Armed Robbers in Ijebu Ode
Men of Ogun State Police Command said it has shot dead two suspected armed robbers in Ijebu-Ode area of the state.
Mr Abimbola Oyeyemi, the Police Public Relations Officer, who disclosed this in a statement made available to newsmen in Abeokuta on Wednesday, said the robbers were killed on Monday.
Oyeyemi stated that the incident followed an intelligent report received by the Command that a robbery gang from Onitsha had arrived GRA in Ijebu-Ode with a mission to terrorise the people of the environment.
“On receiving the information, the Commissioner of Police, Cp Ahmed Iliyasu, directed the officer in charge FSARS, Sp Uba Adam, to go after the hoodlums and bring them to justice.
“In compliance with the Cp’s order, the operatives of FSARS swung into action and accosted them at GRA area of Ijebu-Ode.
“On sighting the policemen, the robbers engaged them in a gun battle which lasted for about 30minutes. At the end of the encounter, two of the robbers were shot dead while the other two escaped with a bullet wound.
“Recovered from them are; One Ak47 riffle with Breach No- 804403, two pump action guns with defaced breach numbers, fifty-seven rounds of 7.62mm live ammunition, thirty-two rounds of live cartridges, some assorted charms and unregistered Toyota Previa bus they used for their operation, ” he said.
Meanwhile, Iliyasu, who expressed satisfaction on the gallantry performance of his men had ordered a serious manhunt for the escaped members of the gang.
He equally appealed to hospitals as well as traditional healers to notify Police if anybody with gunshot injury was seen in their area.