- One Die , Six Injured In Ogun Lone Accident
- Driver Kills Ogun TRACE Official
- Abeokuta : Agura of Gbagura Passes On At 78
- Ijebu-Ode: 3 Killed In Lightening Strike During Heavy Downpour
- Police Kill Two Suspected Armed Robbers in Ijebu Ode
- We Now Feel impact Of Democracy Through Finance Minister’s Contribution – – Ogun Community Indigenes
- “You Lied, Supreme Court Ordered You to Pay N6b in 14 Days” Innoson Tells GTB
- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
Infrastructural Development : Amosun Had Prepared Blue Print Before Coming Into Office – Works Commissioner
The Ogun State Commissioner for Works and Infrastructure, Arc.Olamilekan Adegbite, has attributed the success recorded by the State government In the area of infrastructural development, to the fact that the governor had before contesting the position, had a detailed and voluminous blueprint of what he would do in office.
Adegbite who stated this in a statement by the spokesperson in the Ministry of Works and Infrastructure, Mr.Ayokunle Ewuoso, said the governor had constituted a broad based team of experts and professionals in different fields, who came together to prepare a blueprint of what the Governor will do in office.
The Commissioner said it was easy for him to translate the blueprint into reality in the area of Infrastructural development, saying he was part of the experts that developed the blueprint and that the all round development witnessed in the state was an orchestrated plan.
“When he(Governor), started his political career sometimes in the year 2000, I was with him. In 2003, he went to the Senate and I was part of that. In 2007, he contested for the office of the governor. For the 2007 election, we did a lot of ground work,we toured all Ogun state, did lots of studies and what will be required if come into office.
“So this document, which was detailed and voluminous, were the things that were reviewed for the 2011election”.
He stated that government has designed a road system for the whole of the state, that will cover from Abeokuta going to Lagos via Mowe-Ibafo going through Sagamu,adding that from Sagamu, government will extend it Ijebu-Ode.
Adegbite said further that with Sagamu, as a hub, government will extend it to Ilaro,from there to Ota ,to Agbara estate linking the industrial areas.
The road system, according to him, was designed in a five phase project, adding that the infrastructural development that has dotted the state has solved the transportation problem and improve the penetration of industries, which in effect has improved the state’s Internally Generated Revenue .(IGR).