- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
- Expect More Laws to Protect the Environment , Ogun Assembly tells Residents
- ‘Third Force’ Accuses APC, PDP of Playing Games with the Lives of Nigerians
- ‘Relax, We are Working to Prevent Statewide Flooding’
- Aspirant Backs IBB’s Call for Youths’ Participation in Politics
Police Arrest Man for Allegedly Raping, Killing Corps Member in Ogun
The Ogun police command on Thursday, paraded a 29-year-old, Festus Udoh, a driving school instructor, who allegedly raped and killed a 23-year-old female National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member, Modupe Taiyese in Abeokuta.
The State Commissioner of Police, CP Ahmed Iliyasu, who paraded the suspect at the scene of the crime in Abule Ayo area in Mawuko, Odeda local government, said he confessed to committing the crime.
The commissioner explained that the police received complain of missing person from the coordinator of the NYSC in the state, Mr John Okon, and immediately went into action.
“We went for a powerful technical screening of fact left behind by the last person she made contact with, who is the suspect, we are able to arrest him.
“We are able to uncover this nefarious act and he led us to this place and confessed.
“Technically the information led to one person by name Festus Udoh, an indigene of Oromi from Edo state, who was teaching this innocent deceased corper, Taiyese Modupe, how to drive.
“She registered with him in a driving school by name Lizzy driving school in Abeokuta.
“The man tactically and deceitfully convinced her on Saturday evening that her driving permit is ready.
” She decided to answer to his call and he cleverly and deceitfully apprehend this lady and brought her down to this forest where he had a forceful, illegal and unlawful canal knowledge of her and thereafter strangled her to death.
“Following the doggedness of our operatives that we have given them a matching order to make a breakthrough on this case looking at the national importance of the case, for the young lady being a corper.
“The passport photographs of the suspect were found at the scene of the incident which is a remarkable scene of crime evidence, ” he said.
Iliyasu called on the citizens to know the kind of persons they were dealing or relating with.
He reiterated that no crime, no matter how little, the police would deal with whoever was the author of such crime, adding that there would be no space for criminals in the state.
The suspect, who confessed to committing the crime told journalists that he dragged the girl into the bush, had sex with her and later strangled her to death.
“After I took her to this place, I told her that I wanted to have sex with her, she said no, but I dragged her into the bush and had sex with her.
“After having sex with her, she said she will tell her family, that was when I tore her cloth and used it to strangle her neck, as she was gasping, I now ran away