- White Man Dies on Lagos/ Ibadan Expressway Accident
- Peace Corps of Nigeria, Advocate Of Rights To Peace -Ogun Commandant
- 2019 — Ogun APC Reverses Decision , Adopts Indirect Primaries
- Motorcyclist, 4 Others Crushes To Death on Lagos/Ibadan Express
- Ijebu Ode – Septuagenarian Defiles 2 Underage Girls
- Paris Club Refund – Ogun Govt. receives N17.3bn , To Clear Deductions, Gratuity, Others
- Bafarawa Harps on Unity, Peace for Nigeria’s Growth
- Direct Primaries Will Boost Nigeria’s Democracy — Ogun assembly aspirant
- 2019: Group Petitions APC Over Adoption Of Badoo kingpin As Consensus Candidate In Ogun
- 2019 Polls : Don’t Elect President Based On Sentiment – Saraki
5 Lawmakers Defect In Ogun
Five members of the Ogun House of
Assembly on Thursday defected to three different parties.
The Speaker of the House, Mr Suraj Adekunbi, read the separate
letters of defection by the lawmakers during the plenary session in
Adekunbi (APC-Yewa North1) said that this was the first time the
assembly would be receiving such a high number of defection
He said the assembly received only three such defection letters in the
Ogun Today reports that two of thelawmakers, Mrs Akintayo Folakemi (Yewa South) and Mr Ojo Viwanu
(Ipokia/Idiroko) defected from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to
the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Jemili Akingbade (Imeko Afon) and Atanda Razaq (Yewa North 11)
also left the PDP for the Africa Democratic Congress (ADC)
Mr Harrison Adeyemi (Ogun Waterside), however, defected from the
APC to the PDP.
Speaking after her defection to the APC, Folakemi
commended the ideology of her new party as well as Gov. Ibikunle
Amosun for ensuring rapid development in the state.
She said the major reason for her defection was for her to be part of
the Ogun West for Governor campaign.
“ I am an Ogun West person and whatever will make my people
happy is what I will go for.
“Whatever is done that concerns Ogun West, I must be part of it,”
She stated that it was high time somebody from the zone became the
governor of the state, adding that this had eluded the zone since the
creation of the state 42 years ago.
Folakemi promised to continue to do her best in ensuring that the
dividends of democracy got to the nook and crannies of her
Some of the PDP lawmakers, who defected, hinged their decision on
the crisis and division within the party at the state level.