- White Man Dies on Lagos/ Ibadan Expressway Accident
- Peace Corps of Nigeria, Advocate Of Rights To Peace -Ogun Commandant
- 2019 — Ogun APC Reverses Decision , Adopts Indirect Primaries
- Motorcyclist, 4 Others Crushes To Death on Lagos/Ibadan Express
- Ijebu Ode – Septuagenarian Defiles 2 Underage Girls
- Paris Club Refund – Ogun Govt. receives N17.3bn , To Clear Deductions, Gratuity, Others
- Bafarawa Harps on Unity, Peace for Nigeria’s Growth
- Direct Primaries Will Boost Nigeria’s Democracy — Ogun assembly aspirant
- 2019: Group Petitions APC Over Adoption Of Badoo kingpin As Consensus Candidate In Ogun
- 2019 Polls : Don’t Elect President Based On Sentiment – Saraki
Speeding Vehicle Kills Mother, Baby In Ogun
Mitsubishi pick up van on Friday knocked down a nursing mother backing a baby and holding another child at Odeda on the Abeokuta/Ibadan road, killing both the mother and baby.
Mr Babatunde Akinbiyi, spokesman for Ogun Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE), told newsmen that the accident was caused by a speeding driver of the vehicle with registration number LSR 604 XQ.
“The vehicle lost control due to speeding and rammed into the woman and her child, killing her and the baby on her back while the other child she was holding was injured.
“Unfortunately the driver ran away, but the vehicle has been towed to Odeda Police Station for more investigation.
“The pick up van was coming from Ibadan, heading towards Abeokuta,” he said.
The TRACE spokesman explained that the bodies of the deceased had been taken to Odeda General Hospital mortuary while the injured child was taken to Omo Arewa Hospital, Odeda.