- White Man Dies on Lagos/ Ibadan Expressway Accident
- Peace Corps of Nigeria, Advocate Of Rights To Peace -Ogun Commandant
- 2019 — Ogun APC Reverses Decision , Adopts Indirect Primaries
- Motorcyclist, 4 Others Crushes To Death on Lagos/Ibadan Express
- Ijebu Ode – Septuagenarian Defiles 2 Underage Girls
- Paris Club Refund – Ogun Govt. receives N17.3bn , To Clear Deductions, Gratuity, Others
- Bafarawa Harps on Unity, Peace for Nigeria’s Growth
- Direct Primaries Will Boost Nigeria’s Democracy — Ogun assembly aspirant
- 2019: Group Petitions APC Over Adoption Of Badoo kingpin As Consensus Candidate In Ogun
- 2019 Polls : Don’t Elect President Based On Sentiment – Saraki
Ogun: APC Picks Consensus Candidates For House Of Assembly Elections
The All Progressives Congress (APC), has agreed on 23 consensus candidates out of 26 prospective members vying for the State House of Assembly tickets of the party.
The 23 consensus candidates were picked at a stakeholders meeting, held at the Presidential lodge in GRA, Ibara housing estate, Abeokuta the state capital .
According to the state Commissioner for Information, Hon Dayo Adeneye, “the candidates were adopted for 23 out of the 26 seats, at the exercise, conducted at the Presidential Lodge, Abeokuta.
“They emerged after all aspirants from all constituencies met to pick the most suitable candidate among them.”
The Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun who announced the outcome of the exercise to party faithfuls described the exercise as a demonstration of a transparent democracy.
“This is a demonstration of the transparent democratic ideals of the APC.”
He added that the arrangement, witnessed by elected party members and political appointees, was peaceful and accepted by all.
The governor thanked the aspirants for their cooperation and urged the candidates to prepare for the election.
The governor however promised that, candidates for the three remaining seats as well as those of the National Assembly seats, will be concluded on Tuesday .
Adeneye however added that “At the end of the event all candidates, in their speeches, commended the party and the governor for the rancour free exercise.”