- White Man Dies on Lagos/ Ibadan Expressway Accident
- Peace Corps of Nigeria, Advocate Of Rights To Peace -Ogun Commandant
- 2019 — Ogun APC Reverses Decision , Adopts Indirect Primaries
- Motorcyclist, 4 Others Crushes To Death on Lagos/Ibadan Express
- Ijebu Ode – Septuagenarian Defiles 2 Underage Girls
- Paris Club Refund – Ogun Govt. receives N17.3bn , To Clear Deductions, Gratuity, Others
- Bafarawa Harps on Unity, Peace for Nigeria’s Growth
- Direct Primaries Will Boost Nigeria’s Democracy — Ogun assembly aspirant
- 2019: Group Petitions APC Over Adoption Of Badoo kingpin As Consensus Candidate In Ogun
- 2019 Polls : Don’t Elect President Based On Sentiment – Saraki
Ogun: Ashiru Resigns From Amosun’s Cabinet, To Pursue Governorship Ambition
Bimbo Ashiru, Ogun Commissioner for Commerce and Industry on Monday, resigned his appointment in the cabinet of Gov. Ibikunle Amosun to pursue his governorship ambition on the platform of All Progressives Congress (APC).
Ogun Today gathered that Ashiru, who was the longest serving commissioner in the state , resigned following his resolution to contest the number one political office in the state, having obtained APC nomination form which qualified him as one of aspirants vying for the governorship seat.
It was gathered that Ashiru submitted his resignation letter to the office of the Secretary to the State Government on Monday morning.
The former commissioner, who hails from Ijebu-Ode in Ogun East senatorial district, confirmed the resignation on phone to our correspondent.
He thanked the governor and entire people of Ogun state for allowing him to serve his fatherland.
“Yes, I have tendered my resignation letter this morning to pursue my governorship ambition.
“You will recall that my people from Ijebu and Remo picked me as a consensus governorship candidate since last year, they also bought me an APC nomination form recently to contest for the seat.
“So, I must hear the clarion call from the good people of Ijebu-Remo to further serve my fatherland in higher capacity, and as a true son of my father and law-abiding citizen.
“I must quit my present office to be able to fully partake in the primaries as directed by our party – All Progressives Congress (APC).
“I therefore expressed my appreciation to the governor and all good people of the state for allowing me to serve my fatherland meritoriously. I am looking forward to your usual support as I step forward for next move which is governorship seat,” he said.