- White Man Dies on Lagos/ Ibadan Expressway Accident
- Peace Corps of Nigeria, Advocate Of Rights To Peace -Ogun Commandant
- 2019 — Ogun APC Reverses Decision , Adopts Indirect Primaries
- Motorcyclist, 4 Others Crushes To Death on Lagos/Ibadan Express
- Ijebu Ode – Septuagenarian Defiles 2 Underage Girls
- Paris Club Refund – Ogun Govt. receives N17.3bn , To Clear Deductions, Gratuity, Others
- Bafarawa Harps on Unity, Peace for Nigeria’s Growth
- Direct Primaries Will Boost Nigeria’s Democracy — Ogun assembly aspirant
- 2019: Group Petitions APC Over Adoption Of Badoo kingpin As Consensus Candidate In Ogun
- 2019 Polls : Don’t Elect President Based On Sentiment – Saraki
APC Consensus Candidate : Ogun West Elders Pick Akinlade
By editor on September 6, 2018
Elders of the Ogun West Senatorial District of Ogun state, have adopted Hon. Abdulkabir Adekunle Akinlade, as the consensus governorship candidate of All Progressives Party (APC), for the 2019 election in the state.
Alhaji Ajibola Olagbaye, made the announcement early Thursday morning, at the residence of one time Secretary to the Ogun State Government and Head of Service, late Deacon Poju Adeyemi, in the presence of party executives, elders and other aspirants, after a closed door meeting, which lasted hours.
Akinlade, who hails from Ipokia Local Government Area of the state, in the Ogun West Senatorial district, is a serving member of the House of Representatives, representing Egbado South and Ipokia Federal constituency.
The taxation expert, popularly called Triple A, holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Political Science from the Lagos State University.
Speaking after the announcement, as a sign of commitment, one of the aspirants and Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Suraju Adekunmbi, commended the leadership of the party in the Senatorial District, for doing a great job.
He congratulated Akinlade, assuring him of his unflinching support and that of other aspirants.
Mr. Dapo Oke, a stakeholder, who said, “indeed we are happy today to hear the choice of Hon. Akinlade, commended other aspirants for being part of history.
Senator Kola Bajomo, on his part, said, “in order that we will not be working against ourselves in Ogun West, we, the aspirants, came together and we unanimously agreed on the choice of Hon. Akinlade.
Responding, Akinlade thanked the elders and other aspirants, saying it is a project and vision for all, assuring party faithful that he would operate an all inclusive government.