- White Man Dies on Lagos/ Ibadan Expressway Accident
- Peace Corps of Nigeria, Advocate Of Rights To Peace -Ogun Commandant
- 2019 — Ogun APC Reverses Decision , Adopts Indirect Primaries
- Motorcyclist, 4 Others Crushes To Death on Lagos/Ibadan Express
- Ijebu Ode – Septuagenarian Defiles 2 Underage Girls
- Paris Club Refund – Ogun Govt. receives N17.3bn , To Clear Deductions, Gratuity, Others
- Bafarawa Harps on Unity, Peace for Nigeria’s Growth
- Direct Primaries Will Boost Nigeria’s Democracy — Ogun assembly aspirant
- 2019: Group Petitions APC Over Adoption Of Badoo kingpin As Consensus Candidate In Ogun
- 2019 Polls : Don’t Elect President Based On Sentiment – Saraki
NSCDC Refutes Claim Of Delay Salary Payment To Personnel
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC) has refuted media reports that some personnel of the corps were complaining about delay of salary and arrears payments, stressing that payment of salaries, emoluments and total welfare of personnel was sacrosanct to the corps.
Kareem Olanrewaju, NSCDC Zonal Public Relations Officer, Zone F Command, said this during a press conference at the command’s headquarter, Abeokuta on Sunday.
He noted that the welfare of officers of the corps was considered to be important, saying that the management of the corps since inception had prioritised the welfare of its members.
Olanrewaju added that the salary and arrears of NSCDC would never be taken for granted at any time, saying that salary and arrears were mandatory.
“Agitation or complaints by some men of the Corps are unfounded and does not required attention. All legitimate members of NSCDC know what to do when it comes to issues regarding promotion, conversion and payment of arrears and allowances.
“Anyone with complaint can formalise it, forward it through their state Commandants to the Assistant Commandant General (ACG)in the zones where it will be treated or moved to the Commandant General(CG) office if such could not be treated at that level.
“It is important to state that NSCDC is not the one preparing salary ,increment or arrears. So, our organisation is expected to do proper documentation for accountability, “he said.
He, however, urged the members of the public not to believe rumors making around that it had failed to implement the directives of the Federal Government on the abolition of HND /BSC dichotomy.
The NSCDC zonal spokesperson said that the NSCDC had fully complied, saying that some of the officers affected had been upgraded except those who failed to come up for verification of there documents.
“Concerning those employed with HND degree but promoted before the directive was passed, they will not be beneficiaries of such policy because they had already been promoted, ” he said.
He appealed to personnel of the Corps to always make use of channels of communication available internally as put in place by the Commandant General, Abdulahi Muhamodu instead of making such a media affair.
Olanrewaju said any act of indiscipline, misconduct by anyone would not be tolerated, adding that the Corps had always gave priority to the welfare of its personnel.