- One Die , Six Injured In Ogun Lone Accident
- Driver Kills Ogun TRACE Official
- Abeokuta : Agura of Gbagura Passes On At 78
- Ijebu-Ode: 3 Killed In Lightening Strike During Heavy Downpour
- Police Kill Two Suspected Armed Robbers in Ijebu Ode
- We Now Feel impact Of Democracy Through Finance Minister’s Contribution – – Ogun Community Indigenes
- “You Lied, Supreme Court Ordered You to Pay N6b in 14 Days” Innoson Tells GTB
- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
Ogun : House Of Reps. Aspirant Dumps APC For SDP
An aspirant for the position of House of Representatives under the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC) in Abeokuta South Federal Constituency in Ogun state, Prince Ayoade Adesina, on Wednesday, defected to the Social Democratic Party (SDP).
Adesina , while registering as a member of SDP at the party Secretariat in Abeokuta, said that he was leaving APC for SDP because of the dictatorial approach of the leadership of APC in the state.
The House of Representatives aspirant noted that APC in its last ward, local government and state Congress in the state played politics of exclusion which excluded all aspiring members in the party to lose focus and shattered their dreams.
He said, “I need to seek a party where I feel that I can realise my ambition so as to take care of the people in my constituency “.
He pointed out that seeking elective positions was about serving the people in his constituencies, saying that if elected he would better their lots.
Adesina assured the state leadership of SDP that he would be a good representation of the party if given the party’s ticket to run for the House of Representatives in 2019 general elections.