- One Die , Six Injured In Ogun Lone Accident
- Driver Kills Ogun TRACE Official
- Abeokuta : Agura of Gbagura Passes On At 78
- Ijebu-Ode: 3 Killed In Lightening Strike During Heavy Downpour
- Police Kill Two Suspected Armed Robbers in Ijebu Ode
- We Now Feel impact Of Democracy Through Finance Minister’s Contribution – – Ogun Community Indigenes
- “You Lied, Supreme Court Ordered You to Pay N6b in 14 Days” Innoson Tells GTB
- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
Landlord Hits, Kills Tenant’s 4 Year Old Son With Pestle In Ogun
The Police in Ogun State have arrested a landlord for allegedly hitting and killing his tenant’s four-year-old son with a pestle.
The Ogun Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Abimbola Oyeyemi, made this known in a statement made available to newsmen in Abeokuta on Monday.
Oyeyemi said that the landlord, one Sunday Omosule, of No 23, Adeoye Street, Oko Baale Onipanu, was arrested following a distress call received by Police at Onipanu Divisional headquarters.
He explained that the said landlord went berserk and started using mortal pestle to chase his tenants consequent upon which he used the said pestle to hit the mother of the deceased on the hand before using it to hit the victim on the head.
“On receiving the information, the DPO Onipanu Division Sp Sangobiyi Johnson led his men to the scene where the suspect was arrested.
“On interrogation, the suspect claimed to be under spiritual attacks which always make him to behave erratically sometimes.
“The mother of the deceased who also sustained injury has been taken to the hospital where she is responding to treatment, while the corpse of the victim has been deposited at the State hospital mortuary for autopsy, “he said.
Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police Cp Ahmed Iliyasu had ordered that the suspect be transferred to Homicide section of the State criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for further investigation.