- One Die , Six Injured In Ogun Lone Accident
- Driver Kills Ogun TRACE Official
- Abeokuta : Agura of Gbagura Passes On At 78
- Ijebu-Ode: 3 Killed In Lightening Strike During Heavy Downpour
- Police Kill Two Suspected Armed Robbers in Ijebu Ode
- We Now Feel impact Of Democracy Through Finance Minister’s Contribution – – Ogun Community Indigenes
- “You Lied, Supreme Court Ordered You to Pay N6b in 14 Days” Innoson Tells GTB
- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
Ogun Police Arrests Fake Soldier in Sango Ota
The Ogun police command says it has arrested 32 year old Abdul-Azeez Haruna for impersonating military officer at Sango Ota area of the state
Mr Abimbola Oyeyemi, Police Public Relations Officer, disclosed this in a statement made available to newsmen in Abeokuta on Tuesday.
Oyeyemi stated that the suspect was arrested Tuesday afternoon at Ifesowapo Community of Ijako area in Sango Ota where he had been parading himself as a military personnel with full military carmouflage uniform.
He explained that the suspect had been terrorizing the people of the area for quite some time before luck ran against him when he was caught removing a television set from the house of a resident of that Community while in full army uniform.
“This aroused the suspicious of the Community members who accosted him,, held him hostage and sent a distress call to Police at Sango Ota Division.
“The DPO of the Station CSP Nasirudeen Oyedele led his men to the scene and promptly arrested the suspect.
“Upon his claim of being a soldier, the military men guarding electrical distribution installation in Ota were invited to identify him, it was on their arrival that the suspect confessed to be a fake soldier, ” he said.
Oyeyemi noted that the Commissioner of Police, Cp Ahmed Iliyasu, had ordered the suspect be transfered to State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for further investigation and prosecution.