- White Man Dies on Lagos/ Ibadan Expressway Accident
- Peace Corps of Nigeria, Advocate Of Rights To Peace -Ogun Commandant
- 2019 — Ogun APC Reverses Decision , Adopts Indirect Primaries
- Motorcyclist, 4 Others Crushes To Death on Lagos/Ibadan Express
- Ijebu Ode – Septuagenarian Defiles 2 Underage Girls
- Paris Club Refund – Ogun Govt. receives N17.3bn , To Clear Deductions, Gratuity, Others
- Bafarawa Harps on Unity, Peace for Nigeria’s Growth
- Direct Primaries Will Boost Nigeria’s Democracy — Ogun assembly aspirant
- 2019: Group Petitions APC Over Adoption Of Badoo kingpin As Consensus Candidate In Ogun
- 2019 Polls : Don’t Elect President Based On Sentiment – Saraki
Ogun Police Arrests Fake Soldier in Sango Ota
The Ogun police command says it has arrested 32 year old Abdul-Azeez Haruna for impersonating military officer at Sango Ota area of the state
Mr Abimbola Oyeyemi, Police Public Relations Officer, disclosed this in a statement made available to newsmen in Abeokuta on Tuesday.
Oyeyemi stated that the suspect was arrested Tuesday afternoon at Ifesowapo Community of Ijako area in Sango Ota where he had been parading himself as a military personnel with full military carmouflage uniform.
He explained that the suspect had been terrorizing the people of the area for quite some time before luck ran against him when he was caught removing a television set from the house of a resident of that Community while in full army uniform.
“This aroused the suspicious of the Community members who accosted him,, held him hostage and sent a distress call to Police at Sango Ota Division.
“The DPO of the Station CSP Nasirudeen Oyedele led his men to the scene and promptly arrested the suspect.
“Upon his claim of being a soldier, the military men guarding electrical distribution installation in Ota were invited to identify him, it was on their arrival that the suspect confessed to be a fake soldier, ” he said.
Oyeyemi noted that the Commissioner of Police, Cp Ahmed Iliyasu, had ordered the suspect be transfered to State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for further investigation and prosecution.