- “You Lied, Supreme Court Ordered You to Pay N6b in 14 Days” Innoson Tells GTB
- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
- 12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
Sagamu: Family of Four, Relative, Her Child, Die On First Night In New House
Four family members, including the father, mother, two children and a relative with her child have reportedly died mysteriously at Aiyepe road, in Sagamu area of Ogun State.
Ogun Today gathered that the incident happened late Wednesday night and had thrown the entire neighborhood into mourning.
It was learnt that the family had just moved from their rented apartment into the property belonging to them and were said to have died the very first night inside the house.
A relative and her child who spent the night with them also died in the incident.
Some of those that spoke with Ogun Today at the scene of the incident alleged that it looked like some chemical substance was sprayed in the house.
It was also gathered that the victims were locked from outside which also caused suspicious and that people had to force the door open before they could take the victims to the mortuary.
One of the sympathizers, who accompanied the bodies to the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital (OOUTH), Sagamu, said the owner of the house, a borehole driller, just spent a night inside the new house.
The sympathiser, who identified himself as Tony, said they noticed a foul odour, on Thursday morning, which attracted them to the building.
He said they (neighbours) raised the alarm over the development, which attracted the attention of the Police.
Their remains were evacuated and taken to the morgue of the hospital.
The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, confirmed the incident, saying that the Police would get to the root of the matter.
Oyeyemi, an Assistant Superintendent of Police, said investigation into the matter had commenced to unravel the mystery behind the incident.