- 5 Lawmakers Defect In Ogun
- Mother Of 5 Dies After Marathon Sex With Lover
- Police Arrest Landlord Who Led Gang To Rob Neighbour
- 2019 : Ambassador Felix Osakwe Receive Akran’s Royal Blessing
- NYSC, Ogun govt. Pay Visit To Recovering Accident Victims In OOUTH
- Tanker Motor Boy Killed In Sagamu/Benin Expressway Auto-crash
- Saraki Visits Obasanjo, Keeps Mum On NASS’s Reconvening Date
- Ogun : Police Arrest Ex – Convict , Accomplice Over Stolen Truck
- Saraki Fires Back , Says Oshiomole Behaving Like Rain-Beaten Chicken
- “Mr Latin ‘’ Identifies Discipline, Integrity As Virtues For Success
Man, 40 Kills 38 Year Old Woman In An Attempt To Rape Her
Ogun police command says it has arrested one Abiodun Idowu, 40, over the killing of his co worker, 38 year old Abimbola Hamzat, in an attempt to rape her.
According to a statement by the State Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, on Sunday, the suspect was arrested on May 29.
Oyeyemi stated that the arrest of the suspect followed a complaint by one Owolabi Moses, who reported at Onipanu divisional headquarters in Ota that the suspect who was a driver in his pure water factory had been disturbing the deceased who was an accountant in the the same factory for love affair of which the deceased had been refusing his advances.
The police spokesperson stated Moses said on the fateful day, the deceased was alone in the factory when the suspect came in and attempted to forcefully have carnal knowledge of her.
He noted that while the victim was struggling with him, he strangled her to death.
“On the strength of the report, the DPO Onipanu Division, SP Sangobiyi Johnson led detectives to the scene where they met the suspect unconscious.
” Investigation revealed that the suspect having realized that he has committed a serious crime made efforts to kill himself by drinking Hypo and Izal .
“The DPO and his men quickly rushed him to an hospital for medical attention where he was treated and discharged before taken to custody, ” he said.
Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police, CP Ahmed Iliyasu, had ordered that the suspect be transferred to homicide section of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for proper investigation and prosecution.