- “You Lied, Supreme Court Ordered You to Pay N6b in 14 Days” Innoson Tells GTB
- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
- 12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
Police Kills Suspected Car Snatcher In Ogun
A suspected member of a car snatching ring was shot dead last Thursday in Ogun State by the operatives of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Magbon, Abeokuta while the gang was escaping with a snatched Lexus RX 350 Jeep.
The police report sent to Ogun Today stated that armed robbery gang
operated in Abeokuta and snatched the said vehicle at gunpoint around Oke Ilewo area of the metropolis.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said immediately after the hoodlums snatched the vehicle, a distress call was made to the police and the state Commissioner of police, Ahmed Iliyasu, gave marching order to FSARS’commander, Uba Adam, to go after them.
He said in compliance with the CP’s directive, FSARS’ teams manning various exit points in the state were alerted to be on lookout for the snatched vehicle and the suspects.
However, Oyeyemi said luck ran against the the gang when the FSARS team
stationed along Sango- Ota area sighted the said vehicle and gave it a hot chase.
He said, “Having realised that the game is up, the robbers in a bid to escape opened fire on the policemen and the officers returned fire for fire.
“At the end of the encounter, one of the robbers was fatally injured and he was taken to state General Hospital, Ijaiye, Abeokuta, but died while receiving treatment.”
He said one AK49 assault rifle loaded with 13 rounds of live ammunition, was
recovered from the hoodlums.
He said the snatched jeep with number plate LSD 456 EX was also recovered.
Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police, who expressed his satisfaction about the performance of his men, has ordered a serious manhunt for the fleeing members of the gang.