- 5 Lawmakers Defect In Ogun
- Mother Of 5 Dies After Marathon Sex With Lover
- Police Arrest Landlord Who Led Gang To Rob Neighbour
- 2019 : Ambassador Felix Osakwe Receive Akran’s Royal Blessing
- NYSC, Ogun govt. Pay Visit To Recovering Accident Victims In OOUTH
- Tanker Motor Boy Killed In Sagamu/Benin Expressway Auto-crash
- Saraki Visits Obasanjo, Keeps Mum On NASS’s Reconvening Date
- Ogun : Police Arrest Ex – Convict , Accomplice Over Stolen Truck
- Saraki Fires Back , Says Oshiomole Behaving Like Rain-Beaten Chicken
- “Mr Latin ‘’ Identifies Discipline, Integrity As Virtues For Success
Police Kills Suspected Car Snatcher In Ogun
A suspected member of a car snatching ring was shot dead last Thursday in Ogun State by the operatives of the Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad, Magbon, Abeokuta while the gang was escaping with a snatched Lexus RX 350 Jeep.
The police report sent to Ogun Today stated that armed robbery gang
operated in Abeokuta and snatched the said vehicle at gunpoint around Oke Ilewo area of the metropolis.
The state Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said immediately after the hoodlums snatched the vehicle, a distress call was made to the police and the state Commissioner of police, Ahmed Iliyasu, gave marching order to FSARS’commander, Uba Adam, to go after them.
He said in compliance with the CP’s directive, FSARS’ teams manning various exit points in the state were alerted to be on lookout for the snatched vehicle and the suspects.
However, Oyeyemi said luck ran against the the gang when the FSARS team
stationed along Sango- Ota area sighted the said vehicle and gave it a hot chase.
He said, “Having realised that the game is up, the robbers in a bid to escape opened fire on the policemen and the officers returned fire for fire.
“At the end of the encounter, one of the robbers was fatally injured and he was taken to state General Hospital, Ijaiye, Abeokuta, but died while receiving treatment.”
He said one AK49 assault rifle loaded with 13 rounds of live ammunition, was
recovered from the hoodlums.
He said the snatched jeep with number plate LSD 456 EX was also recovered.
Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police, who expressed his satisfaction about the performance of his men, has ordered a serious manhunt for the fleeing members of the gang.