- 5 Lawmakers Defect In Ogun
- Mother Of 5 Dies After Marathon Sex With Lover
- Police Arrest Landlord Who Led Gang To Rob Neighbour
- 2019 : Ambassador Felix Osakwe Receive Akran’s Royal Blessing
- NYSC, Ogun govt. Pay Visit To Recovering Accident Victims In OOUTH
- Tanker Motor Boy Killed In Sagamu/Benin Expressway Auto-crash
- Saraki Visits Obasanjo, Keeps Mum On NASS’s Reconvening Date
- Ogun : Police Arrest Ex – Convict , Accomplice Over Stolen Truck
- Saraki Fires Back , Says Oshiomole Behaving Like Rain-Beaten Chicken
- “Mr Latin ‘’ Identifies Discipline, Integrity As Virtues For Success
Ogun 2019: GNI Finally Joins ADC
The Ogun State governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic
Party (PDP) in 2015 general election, Gboyega Nasiru Isiaka, on
Friday defected to the African Democratic Congress (ADC).
Isiaka had, last week, written a letter to the leadership of the Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP) in the state, to announce his resignation from
Announcing his defection at a press conference held at the Olusegun
Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL) Abeokuta, he explained that his
desire for a credible and crisis free platform that share his personal
beliefs and principles to run for governorship in 2019, made him to
dump the PDP for ADC.
Isiaka, who also contested for governorship under Peoples Party of
Nigeria (PPN) in 2011, however, expressed optimism that he would
win the 2019 gubernatorial election.
His words: “I cannot afford to betray my supporters, the people of
Ogun State and my generation; hence my new platform.
” I have received inspiration of God and having extensively consulted my
political associates, friends, supporters, important stakeholders, well-
wishers, voices on the streets and my immediate family, I formally
announce and declare my membership of the African Democratic
Congress effective today 1st June, 2018.
“The ADC is the third force that is morally conscripted to offer
Nigerians an escape route from the failed promises of the status quo
and the party that connects across Nigeria today, most movements
and people who believe that we must depart from the worn out
system of mediocrity and corruption; which the APC and PDP represent.
“We have elected to align with a platform that is devoid of the
entrenched retrogressive politics and which believes in the dignity of
citizens and human capital development – as the fundamental focus
of its governmental imperatives.”