- “You Lied, Supreme Court Ordered You to Pay N6b in 14 Days” Innoson Tells GTB
- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
- 12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
Ogun 2019: GNI Finally Joins ADC
The Ogun State governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic
Party (PDP) in 2015 general election, Gboyega Nasiru Isiaka, on
Friday defected to the African Democratic Congress (ADC).
Isiaka had, last week, written a letter to the leadership of the Peoples
Democratic Party (PDP) in the state, to announce his resignation from
Announcing his defection at a press conference held at the Olusegun
Obasanjo Presidential Library (OOPL) Abeokuta, he explained that his
desire for a credible and crisis free platform that share his personal
beliefs and principles to run for governorship in 2019, made him to
dump the PDP for ADC.
Isiaka, who also contested for governorship under Peoples Party of
Nigeria (PPN) in 2011, however, expressed optimism that he would
win the 2019 gubernatorial election.
His words: “I cannot afford to betray my supporters, the people of
Ogun State and my generation; hence my new platform.
” I have received inspiration of God and having extensively consulted my
political associates, friends, supporters, important stakeholders, well-
wishers, voices on the streets and my immediate family, I formally
announce and declare my membership of the African Democratic
Congress effective today 1st June, 2018.
“The ADC is the third force that is morally conscripted to offer
Nigerians an escape route from the failed promises of the status quo
and the party that connects across Nigeria today, most movements
and people who believe that we must depart from the worn out
system of mediocrity and corruption; which the APC and PDP represent.
“We have elected to align with a platform that is devoid of the
entrenched retrogressive politics and which believes in the dignity of
citizens and human capital development – as the fundamental focus
of its governmental imperatives.”