- NYSC, Ogun govt. Pay Visit To Recovering Accident Victims In OOUTH
- Tanker Motor Boy Killed In Sagamu/Benin Expressway Auto-crash
- Saraki Visits Obasanjo, Keeps Mum On NASS’s Reconvening Date
- Ogun : Police Arrest Ex – Convict , Accomplice Over Stolen Truck
- Saraki Fires Back , Says Oshiomole Behaving Like Rain-Beaten Chicken
- “Mr Latin ‘’ Identifies Discipline, Integrity As Virtues For Success
- Ogun LG Amendment Bill Scales Second Reading
- LAUTECH Crisis: ASUU Urges Oyo, Osun Governments To Save Institution
- Taraba River Deaths: NYSC Tasks Corps Members On Safety Precautions
- Paseda Vows To Focus On Human Capital, Grassroots Developments
Amosun’s Adviser Emerges Chairman , As Ogun APC Holds Peaceful State Congress
As the All Progressive Congress (APC), conducted it’s State Congress across most part of the Federation on Saturday , the Senior Special Adviser, Political Affairs to Gov. Ibikunle Amosun, Chief Derin Adebiyi, has emerged as the Chairman of the state executive of the party in Ogun State.
The congress of the party in the state , which was peaceful, also produced a former state chairman of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) in Ogun State and the immediate senatorial chairman, Ogun West, Bashiru Fadayiro and Patrick Ogunde as deputy state chairman and secretary respectively.
Ogun Today reports that a veteran journalist and former media aide to former Gov. Olusegun Osoba, Wole Elegbede, equally, emerged as the Publicity Secretary.
Announcing the result at the conclusion of the exercise, the chairman of the congress committee, Reverend Peter Obadan, disclosed that a total of 1,749 delegates from 20 local governments in the state, were accredited and participated in the state congress.
Obadan said out of the total votes cast, 18 were voids. The Congress chairman , who led a five-man congress committee, however, described the state congress as peaceful and commended the party members for giving good account of themselves.
In his acceptance speech, Adebiyi, said his exco would ensure politics of inclusion and work to ensure victory for the party in 2019 general elections.
Adebiyi, who assured that the new exco would obey the national leadership of the party, also said the party will be firm and not tolerate indiscipline, declaring “era of indiscipline is gone in Ogun APC”.
He said the peaceful conduct of the congress was a reflection of outstanding leadership of the state governor, noting the party will continue to toe the leadership style of the governor.
In his remark, the state governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, commended the outgone executive for their hardwork and sacrifice.
The Governor urged the new exco to continue working towards making the party formidable ahead of 2019 general elections.