- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
- 12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
Police Arrests Two In Ogun For Killing Neighbor
Police in Ogun State have arrested two persons – Patrick Udom (35) from Akwa –Ibom State and James Roland(25) from Delta State, for killing their neighbor, who is a cyclist.
The suspects also stole the victim’s Bajaj motorcycle after hacking the victim identified as Happy Patrick, to death on Tuesday and hid his remains in a sack.
Mr Abimbola Oyeyemi, the State Police Public Relations Officer, who made this known in a statement, in Abeokuta, stated that Udom and Roland were arrested following a complaint at the Obalende Divisional Police Headquarters, Ijebu – Ode, by one Moses Utuede, who happened to be the elder brother of the victim.
Utuede had reported that his younger brother, Happy, left home around 7:00am on Tuesday and did not return.
Abimbola stated that on the strength of the report, the Divisional Police Officer, Jaiye Richard, assigned detectives to investigate the sudden disappearance of Happy and it was discovered that he was last seen with Udom.
According to the Police Spokesman in Ogun, Udom was subsequently arrested and had confessed to killing the victim while Roland James rendered a helping hand.
The suspect also confessed that the victim who lives in the same community of Imodi-Imosan along with him was killed to facilitate the theft of his motor cycle.
The body of the deceased which the suspects concealed in a sack and threw in a nearby bush was recovered. Also recovered by the Police are two cutlasses, hammer and a dagger which were used to kill their victim.
The suspects have been transferred to the Homicide Section of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence unit for further investigation and prosecution.