- 5 Lawmakers Defect In Ogun
- Mother Of 5 Dies After Marathon Sex With Lover
- Police Arrest Landlord Who Led Gang To Rob Neighbour
- 2019 : Ambassador Felix Osakwe Receive Akran’s Royal Blessing
- NYSC, Ogun govt. Pay Visit To Recovering Accident Victims In OOUTH
- Tanker Motor Boy Killed In Sagamu/Benin Expressway Auto-crash
- Saraki Visits Obasanjo, Keeps Mum On NASS’s Reconvening Date
- Ogun : Police Arrest Ex – Convict , Accomplice Over Stolen Truck
- Saraki Fires Back , Says Oshiomole Behaving Like Rain-Beaten Chicken
- “Mr Latin ‘’ Identifies Discipline, Integrity As Virtues For Success
Two die in Abeokuta Auto Crash
Two persons died on Monday night in an accident involving a blue Nissan pickup van and a Volvo truck on the Adigbe-Obada Road in Abeokuta.
Mr Babatunde Akinbiyi, the Public Relations Officer of Ogun Traffic
Compliance and Enforcement Agency (TRACE), confirmed the incident to newsmen in Abeokuta on Tuesday.
Akinbiyi explained that the accident, which happened at about 7.30pm on Monday, was caused by recklessness on the part of the driver driving the pickup van with registration number FFF 147 AA.
He said the Nissan pick-up van ran into a stationary truck obstructing traffic from the rear, resulting in the death of two people.
‘‘The accident happened last night and it involved a Nissan pick-up van and a stationary Volvo truck with registration number MUS 285XQ.
‘‘Six people were involved in the crash. Three males and one female were injured while one male adult and one female child died in the accident,’’ he said.
Akinbiyi said the injured were taken to Hope Hospital, Adigbe,Abeokuta, while the corpse of the male adult was deposited at State Hospital, Ijaiye, Abeokuta.
‘‘The corpse of the female child was, however, released to the family
at the scene of the accident,’’ he added.