- One Die , Six Injured In Ogun Lone Accident
- Driver Kills Ogun TRACE Official
- Abeokuta : Agura of Gbagura Passes On At 78
- Ijebu-Ode: 3 Killed In Lightening Strike During Heavy Downpour
- Police Kill Two Suspected Armed Robbers in Ijebu Ode
- We Now Feel impact Of Democracy Through Finance Minister’s Contribution – – Ogun Community Indigenes
- “You Lied, Supreme Court Ordered You to Pay N6b in 14 Days” Innoson Tells GTB
- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
Two die in Abeokuta Auto Crash
Two persons died on Monday night in an accident involving a blue Nissan pickup van and a Volvo truck on the Adigbe-Obada Road in Abeokuta.
Mr Babatunde Akinbiyi, the Public Relations Officer of Ogun Traffic
Compliance and Enforcement Agency (TRACE), confirmed the incident to newsmen in Abeokuta on Tuesday.
Akinbiyi explained that the accident, which happened at about 7.30pm on Monday, was caused by recklessness on the part of the driver driving the pickup van with registration number FFF 147 AA.
He said the Nissan pick-up van ran into a stationary truck obstructing traffic from the rear, resulting in the death of two people.
‘‘The accident happened last night and it involved a Nissan pick-up van and a stationary Volvo truck with registration number MUS 285XQ.
‘‘Six people were involved in the crash. Three males and one female were injured while one male adult and one female child died in the accident,’’ he said.
Akinbiyi said the injured were taken to Hope Hospital, Adigbe,Abeokuta, while the corpse of the male adult was deposited at State Hospital, Ijaiye, Abeokuta.
‘‘The corpse of the female child was, however, released to the family
at the scene of the accident,’’ he added.