- Bafarawa Harps on Unity, Peace for Nigeria’s Growth
- Direct Primaries Will Boost Nigeria’s Democracy — Ogun assembly aspirant
- 2019: Group Petitions APC Over Adoption Of Badoo kingpin As Consensus Candidate In Ogun
- 2019 Polls : Don’t Elect President Based On Sentiment – Saraki
- 2019: NANS Urges Political Parties To Give Room For Internal Democracy
- NYSC Mulls Extended Service For Serial Dress Code Offenders
- Worse of Nigerian Governors Today Is The Youngest –Rev. Bello
- Speeding Vehicle Kills Mother, Baby In Ogun
- We Do Not Manipulate Admissions In FUNAAB – Vice Chancellor
- Ogun: APC Picks Consensus Candidates For House Of Assembly Elections
Two die in Abeokuta Auto Crash
Two persons died on Monday night in an accident involving a blue Nissan pickup van and a Volvo truck on the Adigbe-Obada Road in Abeokuta.
Mr Babatunde Akinbiyi, the Public Relations Officer of Ogun Traffic
Compliance and Enforcement Agency (TRACE), confirmed the incident to newsmen in Abeokuta on Tuesday.
Akinbiyi explained that the accident, which happened at about 7.30pm on Monday, was caused by recklessness on the part of the driver driving the pickup van with registration number FFF 147 AA.
He said the Nissan pick-up van ran into a stationary truck obstructing traffic from the rear, resulting in the death of two people.
‘‘The accident happened last night and it involved a Nissan pick-up van and a stationary Volvo truck with registration number MUS 285XQ.
‘‘Six people were involved in the crash. Three males and one female were injured while one male adult and one female child died in the accident,’’ he said.
Akinbiyi said the injured were taken to Hope Hospital, Adigbe,Abeokuta, while the corpse of the male adult was deposited at State Hospital, Ijaiye, Abeokuta.
‘‘The corpse of the female child was, however, released to the family
at the scene of the accident,’’ he added.