- One Die , Six Injured In Ogun Lone Accident
- Driver Kills Ogun TRACE Official
- Abeokuta : Agura of Gbagura Passes On At 78
- Ijebu-Ode: 3 Killed In Lightening Strike During Heavy Downpour
- Police Kill Two Suspected Armed Robbers in Ijebu Ode
- We Now Feel impact Of Democracy Through Finance Minister’s Contribution – – Ogun Community Indigenes
- “You Lied, Supreme Court Ordered You to Pay N6b in 14 Days” Innoson Tells GTB
- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
Police Arrests 8 Suspected Cultists In Ijebu Igbo
Following a bloody cult clash between two rival groups which left one person dead on Wednesday night, the Ogun police command have arrested eight principal suspects who were members of Aiye and Eiye confraternity.
This is contained in a statement signed by the State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Abimbola Oyeyemi, and made available to newsmen in Abeokuta on Friday .
Oyeyemi said that the suspects were picked up at their hideout where they were holding meeting in preparation for another deadly clash.
He explained that Immediately the report of the clash got to the notice of the Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu, he directed the Special Units of the Command such as FSARS and Anti Cultist/Kidnapping sections to move in and bring the hoodlums to Justice.
In compliance with the Cp’s directive, he noted that the Officer-in-charge of FSARS Dsp Uba Adam swung into action, and embarked on technical intelligence based investigation.
“Their efforts paid off when the hideout of the hoodlums was discovered. They stormed the place and got eight of them arrested with various types of dangerous arms and ammunition.
“The arrested cultists are: Muyiwa Talabi ‘m’, Tunde Adeyemi ‘m’, Korede Pariosho ‘m’, Dayo Johnson ‘m’, Segun Saka ‘m’, Niyi Adeshina ‘m’, Micheal Oluwaseun ‘m’, and Afolabi Ismail ‘m’.
” It was discovered that the duo of Muyiwa Talabi and Niyi Adeshina who are strong members of Aye group were the ones who hacked the victim of Wednesday clash to death.
“Their co-accomplice who also played prominent role was traced to his house by the rival group and hacked to death early Friday morning before Police got to his house for the purpose of arresting him, ” he said.
He added that two pump action guns, four locally made double barrel pistols, eleven live cartridges and assorted charms were recovered from the suspects.
Meanwhile, Iliyasu had given a matching order to all the special units involved in the operation to go all out after the perpetrators of the dastardly act with the view of bringing them all to justice as well as their sponsors no matter how highly placed.