- White Man Dies on Lagos/ Ibadan Expressway Accident
- Peace Corps of Nigeria, Advocate Of Rights To Peace -Ogun Commandant
- 2019 — Ogun APC Reverses Decision , Adopts Indirect Primaries
- Motorcyclist, 4 Others Crushes To Death on Lagos/Ibadan Express
- Ijebu Ode – Septuagenarian Defiles 2 Underage Girls
- Paris Club Refund – Ogun Govt. receives N17.3bn , To Clear Deductions, Gratuity, Others
- Bafarawa Harps on Unity, Peace for Nigeria’s Growth
- Direct Primaries Will Boost Nigeria’s Democracy — Ogun assembly aspirant
- 2019: Group Petitions APC Over Adoption Of Badoo kingpin As Consensus Candidate In Ogun
- 2019 Polls : Don’t Elect President Based On Sentiment – Saraki
Police Arrests 8 Suspected Cultists In Ijebu Igbo
Following a bloody cult clash between two rival groups which left one person dead on Wednesday night, the Ogun police command have arrested eight principal suspects who were members of Aiye and Eiye confraternity.
This is contained in a statement signed by the State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Abimbola Oyeyemi, and made available to newsmen in Abeokuta on Friday .
Oyeyemi said that the suspects were picked up at their hideout where they were holding meeting in preparation for another deadly clash.
He explained that Immediately the report of the clash got to the notice of the Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu, he directed the Special Units of the Command such as FSARS and Anti Cultist/Kidnapping sections to move in and bring the hoodlums to Justice.
In compliance with the Cp’s directive, he noted that the Officer-in-charge of FSARS Dsp Uba Adam swung into action, and embarked on technical intelligence based investigation.
“Their efforts paid off when the hideout of the hoodlums was discovered. They stormed the place and got eight of them arrested with various types of dangerous arms and ammunition.
“The arrested cultists are: Muyiwa Talabi ‘m’, Tunde Adeyemi ‘m’, Korede Pariosho ‘m’, Dayo Johnson ‘m’, Segun Saka ‘m’, Niyi Adeshina ‘m’, Micheal Oluwaseun ‘m’, and Afolabi Ismail ‘m’.
” It was discovered that the duo of Muyiwa Talabi and Niyi Adeshina who are strong members of Aye group were the ones who hacked the victim of Wednesday clash to death.
“Their co-accomplice who also played prominent role was traced to his house by the rival group and hacked to death early Friday morning before Police got to his house for the purpose of arresting him, ” he said.
He added that two pump action guns, four locally made double barrel pistols, eleven live cartridges and assorted charms were recovered from the suspects.
Meanwhile, Iliyasu had given a matching order to all the special units involved in the operation to go all out after the perpetrators of the dastardly act with the view of bringing them all to justice as well as their sponsors no matter how highly placed.