- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
- 12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
1 Dead , 2 Injured In Sagamu-Benin Highway Auto Crash
A road accident on Tuesday involving a Dangote truck and a Honda car left one person dead and two others critically injured on the Sagamu-Benin Expressway in Ogun.
Mr Babatunde Akinbiyi, the Public Relations Officer of the Ogun Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE), confirmed the incident to newsmen in Abeokuta.
Akinbiyi, who said the accident happened at about 9:30 am at Olorunpodo axis of the expressway, disclosed that the car with registration number CW 23 ENU was hit by the truck from behind and the driver thereafter fled.
“According to an eye witness, the Honda car with three occupants and coming from Ijebu-Ode was hit by a Dangote truck and the truck driver ran away.
“One person died in the accident while two others were injured and they were all males, ” he said.
The TRACE spokesman explained that the injured were taken to Hope Hospital in J4 area of Ijebu-Ode while the dead was deposited at Ijebu-Ode General Hospital.
He added that the car had been taken to Ogbere Police Area Command.