- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
- 12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
No fewer than 12 persons were confirmed dead while five others sustained injuries in an accident involving a Volvo truck and a Ford bus at Foursquare area on Lagos /Ibadan Expressway on Saturday.
Mr Babatunde Akinbiyi, the Public Relations Officer, Ogun Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Agency (TRACE), confirmed the incident to newsmen In Abeokuta.
Akinbiyi explained that the accident was caused by wrongful overtaken on the part of the Ford passenger bus with registration number AAA 886 XR, which led to a head on collision with the oncoming truck.
He stated that the truck with registration number LSD 138 XQ, was coming from the opposite direction before the accident.
“The accident happened around Foursquare camp (diversion axis) on the Lagos /Ibadan Expressway.
“17 people were involved, 12 persons comprising six male and six female died while six male and two female sustained injuries, ” he said.
The TRACE spokesman added that the injured victims were taken to Ife – Oluwa Plus A hospital, Ogunmakin while the dead were deposited by at FOS Mortuary, Ipara.