- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
- 12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
Gov. Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun says his government is building a 20,000-capacity amphitheater for hosting the annual drum festival.
Amosun disclosed this on Friday at this year’s edition of the African Drum Festival Conference, Workshop and Exhibition held at the Olumo Rock Tourist Centre in Abeokuta.
The theme of the Conference, Workshop and Exhibition is “Drumming for Advancement, Drumming for Socio Economic Development.’’
The governor, who said that the amphitheater would be ready by December, expressed confidence that the 2019 edition would be held at the facility.
Amosun also stated that the three-day festival would be extended in the next edition, noting that the time allocated to the participants to perform was short.
He further disclosed that the benefits from the previous editions of the festival had led to the introduction of an intellectual training programme that would serve unborn generations.
Amosun also said government was using the festival to create wealth
for the youths as well as to promote social and economic development.
Ogun Today reports that the festival started on Thursday and would come to a close on Saturday.