- One Die , Six Injured In Ogun Lone Accident
- Driver Kills Ogun TRACE Official
- Abeokuta : Agura of Gbagura Passes On At 78
- Ijebu-Ode: 3 Killed In Lightening Strike During Heavy Downpour
- Police Kill Two Suspected Armed Robbers in Ijebu Ode
- We Now Feel impact Of Democracy Through Finance Minister’s Contribution – – Ogun Community Indigenes
- “You Lied, Supreme Court Ordered You to Pay N6b in 14 Days” Innoson Tells GTB
- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
The Ogun West Elders’ Forum, on Monday, said that it had concluded plans to hold a political summit ahead of the 2019 gubernatorial elections in the state.
Mr Mohammad Olagbaye, the Chairman of the Council, disclosed this at a news conference held at Iwe Iroyin in Abeokuta.
The Chairman noted that the Council had made moves to ensure United interest among aspirants, saying that over 500 Ogun West stakeholders both home and abroad would be assembled.
Olagbaye stated that the mission was to make statements, charge participants to be ambassadors in their respective communities, professions and organisstions for an emergence of Ogun West Governor in 2019.
“At this one day summit, we want to assure the state and Nigerians that if Ogun West is given the opportunity to govern the state, we will not disappoint, ” he said.
He added that the Council became more determined, encouraged and was poised to join hand with the governor to actualise the much expected enthronement of an Ogun West administration in 2019.
The Council had drawn up number of programmes and activities designed to inform the people, mobilise support, encourage and mentor aspirants, promote unity and peaceful interaction among them.
“Since it’s formation, the Council has been engaging in the last 18 months on the serious issue of 2019 Gubernatorial elections and Ogun West question.
“Everyone on Ogun West is aware of this and that is why the generality of the good citizens of the district is clamoring that Ogun West should produce the next governor.
“You will recall that among the accusations which critics regularly level against Ogun West has working against the district in her quest to be at the helms of affairs in the state is lack of Unity and rallying point.
“We have had an occasion to debunk some of these as unfounded and to point out the fact that some of these accusations are not peculiar to Ogun West, ” he said.