- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
- 12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
Lone Accident Claims 2 in Kobape
Two persons were confirmed dead in a lone accident involving a white Mazda bus with registration number KSF 347 XG around Siun – Kobape area on Abeokuta /Sagamu Interchange road on Monday.
Mr Babatunde Akinbiyi, the Public Relations Officer, Ogun Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Agency (TRACE) confirmed the incident to the Newsmen in Abeokuta.
Akinbiyi stated that the accident was caused by a mechanical problem, saying that the driver side tyre pulled out with the chassis while on motion.
He added that the accident involved 14 people, six male and eight female, saying that two female died while five female and two male were injured.
“The driver side tyre pulled out with the chassis while on motion which led to the vehicle to lose control.
“When the vehicle lost control, it ran into the road divider, hit the electric pole by the side and then somersaulted.
“It was in the course of somersaulting that the two dead females were thrown out of the vehicle because they didn’t wear the seat belt, ” he said.
The TRACE spokesman noted that corpses of the dead were deposited at the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital (OOUTH), Sagamu while three of the injured passengers were taken to same hospital.
He said that the remaining four injured were taken to Owode General Hospital.