- One Die , Six Injured In Ogun Lone Accident
- Driver Kills Ogun TRACE Official
- Abeokuta : Agura of Gbagura Passes On At 78
- Ijebu-Ode: 3 Killed In Lightening Strike During Heavy Downpour
- Police Kill Two Suspected Armed Robbers in Ijebu Ode
- We Now Feel impact Of Democracy Through Finance Minister’s Contribution – – Ogun Community Indigenes
- “You Lied, Supreme Court Ordered You to Pay N6b in 14 Days” Innoson Tells GTB
- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
Road Accidents Claim 60 in Ogun
The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Ogun said on Thursday that 60 persons lost their lives with several others injured in various auto crashes across the state between January and February .
The FRSC Sector Commander in the state, Mr Clement Oladele, made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abeokuta.
Oladele stated that 74 crashes were recorded in the state during the period, saying that 340 persons were injured in the accidents.
The sector commander said that 33 persons lost their lives in January road traffic crashes while 27 died in February.
“We recorded 74 road traffic crashes during the period, 340 persons were injured while 60 people died in the various accidents.
“112 persons were injured in the various accidents in January while 128 were injured in February, ” he said.
According to the sector commander, a greater percentage of the accidents were due to loss of control, wrongful overtaking, speeding and usage of mobile phones.
He urged motorists to obey stipulated traffic rules and regulations, avoid speeding and wrongful overtaking.
“When overtaking ask yourself this question , is it safe? right there, do the right thing.
“Motorists should always observe caution signs in any construction sites , ” he said.
He explained that the FRSC was doing its best to ensure that it reduced rate of crashes to the barest minimum.
Oladele said that FRSC would continue to intensify effort at sensitising motorists at different motor parks on safe driving and dangers involved in not obeying traffic rules and regulations.