- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
- Expect More Laws to Protect the Environment , Ogun Assembly tells Residents
- ‘Third Force’ Accuses APC, PDP of Playing Games with the Lives of Nigerians
- ‘Relax, We are Working to Prevent Statewide Flooding’
- Aspirant Backs IBB’s Call for Youths’ Participation in Politics
Truck Crushes Man to Death in Iyana Mortuary
One person was confirmed dead in an accident involving a Volvo Truck and a Toyota car around Iyana Mortuary area of Abeokuta on Tuesday.
Mr Clement Oladele, the Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Ogun, confirmed the incident to newsmen in Abeokuta.
Oladele said that the accident happened around 12pm and it was caused by the Volvo Truck who had break failure.
The sector commander noted that six persons were involved in the accident, saying that the driver of the car died in the accident.
“The accident involved a Volvo Truck with registration number AAB 207 AA and a Toyota car with registration number SMK 152 XR.
“The truck who was on top speed suddenly lost control and rammed over the waiting car at the traffic light spot in Iyana Mortuary.
“Six persons were involved in the accident, the driver of the car died while two others sustained injuries, ” he said.
The FRSC boss noted that the injured were taken to Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Abeokuta while the deceased was deposited at the hospital mortuary.