- Seven not 18 Died from Lagos-Ibadan Express Road Accident, says Ogun FRSC
- 18 Die in Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Accident
- Buhari’s Lieutenants are Nigeria’s Problems – – Cleric
- Man Beats Wife to Stupor over Disappearance of Son
- Road Accidents Claim 60 in Ogun
- Ogun Lawmaker Eyes Seat at Federal Level
- Truck Crushes Man to Death in Iyana Mortuary
- Residents Doctors ask for Advanced, Modern Equipment from Ogun govt.
- ADEBUTU: “Funds for Capital Projects are Being Diverted for Fuel Subsidy”
- 2019: Journalists Tasked on Fairness, Balance Reportage
Truck Crushes Man to Death in Iyana Mortuary
One person was confirmed dead in an accident involving a Volvo Truck and a Toyota car around Iyana Mortuary area of Abeokuta on Tuesday.
Mr Clement Oladele, the Sector Commander, Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) in Ogun, confirmed the incident to newsmen in Abeokuta.
Oladele said that the accident happened around 12pm and it was caused by the Volvo Truck who had break failure.
The sector commander noted that six persons were involved in the accident, saying that the driver of the car died in the accident.
“The accident involved a Volvo Truck with registration number AAB 207 AA and a Toyota car with registration number SMK 152 XR.
“The truck who was on top speed suddenly lost control and rammed over the waiting car at the traffic light spot in Iyana Mortuary.
“Six persons were involved in the accident, the driver of the car died while two others sustained injuries, ” he said.
The FRSC boss noted that the injured were taken to Federal Medical Centre (FMC), Abeokuta while the deceased was deposited at the hospital mortuary.