- Seven not 18 Died from Lagos-Ibadan Express Road Accident, says Ogun FRSC
- 18 Die in Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Accident
- Buhari’s Lieutenants are Nigeria’s Problems – – Cleric
- Man Beats Wife to Stupor over Disappearance of Son
- Road Accidents Claim 60 in Ogun
- Ogun Lawmaker Eyes Seat at Federal Level
- Truck Crushes Man to Death in Iyana Mortuary
- Residents Doctors ask for Advanced, Modern Equipment from Ogun govt.
- ADEBUTU: “Funds for Capital Projects are Being Diverted for Fuel Subsidy”
- 2019: Journalists Tasked on Fairness, Balance Reportage
Ogun Lawmaker Eyes Seat at Federal Level
Mr Akinpelu Aina, member, Ogun House of Assembly, has announced his intention to contest for Federal House of Representatives representing Ado Odo /Ota Federal constituency at the National Assembly in 2019 general elections.
Aina (APC – Ado Odo /Ota 1), who made his intention known in an interview in Abeokuta, stated that he took the decision after series of consultations with stakeholders.
He explained that the present political situation the country had found herself called for sober reflection, saying that the Ogun government had ensured that dividend of democracy moved across the state.
” I want to use this medium to officially announce the next phase of my journey in political struggle.
“After listening to various opinions and based on series of consultation I will be contesting for the post of Federal House of Representatives representing Ado-Odo / Ota Federal Constituency come 2019.
“I believe I have what it takes based on competence, experience and performance to win the heart of the people and also win convincingly in 2019, “he said.
He called on the people from his constituent to support his intention so as to consolidate on what he had achieved in the last six and half years as a member of the state house of assembly.
The two term assemblyman promised to give a qualitative and productive representation, saying that he would discharged his duties to the best of his ability.
He added that as a member of the state assembly, he had facilitated projects to his constituency through Government, saying that he would do more at the Federal level.
“Some of the projects includes a block of 2 classrooms with office and store at AUD primary school in IJU ward, construction of 10km Ota township road from toll gate to local government.
“I also facilitated youth empowerment via job opportunities at local, state and federal level including private sectors among other projects, “he said.