- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
- Expect More Laws to Protect the Environment , Ogun Assembly tells Residents
- ‘Third Force’ Accuses APC, PDP of Playing Games with the Lives of Nigerians
- ‘Relax, We are Working to Prevent Statewide Flooding’
- Aspirant Backs IBB’s Call for Youths’ Participation in Politics
Ogun Lawmaker Eyes Seat at Federal Level
Mr Akinpelu Aina, member, Ogun House of Assembly, has announced his intention to contest for Federal House of Representatives representing Ado Odo /Ota Federal constituency at the National Assembly in 2019 general elections.
Aina (APC – Ado Odo /Ota 1), who made his intention known in an interview in Abeokuta, stated that he took the decision after series of consultations with stakeholders.
He explained that the present political situation the country had found herself called for sober reflection, saying that the Ogun government had ensured that dividend of democracy moved across the state.
” I want to use this medium to officially announce the next phase of my journey in political struggle.
“After listening to various opinions and based on series of consultation I will be contesting for the post of Federal House of Representatives representing Ado-Odo / Ota Federal Constituency come 2019.
“I believe I have what it takes based on competence, experience and performance to win the heart of the people and also win convincingly in 2019, “he said.
He called on the people from his constituent to support his intention so as to consolidate on what he had achieved in the last six and half years as a member of the state house of assembly.
The two term assemblyman promised to give a qualitative and productive representation, saying that he would discharged his duties to the best of his ability.
He added that as a member of the state assembly, he had facilitated projects to his constituency through Government, saying that he would do more at the Federal level.
“Some of the projects includes a block of 2 classrooms with office and store at AUD primary school in IJU ward, construction of 10km Ota township road from toll gate to local government.
“I also facilitated youth empowerment via job opportunities at local, state and federal level including private sectors among other projects, “he said.