- Seven not 18 Died from Lagos-Ibadan Express Road Accident, says Ogun FRSC
- 18 Die in Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Accident
- Buhari’s Lieutenants are Nigeria’s Problems – – Cleric
- Man Beats Wife to Stupor over Disappearance of Son
- Road Accidents Claim 60 in Ogun
- Ogun Lawmaker Eyes Seat at Federal Level
- Truck Crushes Man to Death in Iyana Mortuary
- Residents Doctors ask for Advanced, Modern Equipment from Ogun govt.
- ADEBUTU: “Funds for Capital Projects are Being Diverted for Fuel Subsidy”
- 2019: Journalists Tasked on Fairness, Balance Reportage
Stakeholders Suggest Indepth Findings as Solution to Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes
Stakeholders have said that in-depth findings to the clashes between herdsmen and farmers would assist in providing the needed lasting solution to the menace.
They spoke in Abeokuta at the weekend during a day seminar for officers of the Ogun State Command of Peace Corps of Nigeria with the theme, “The challenges of peace practices in an emerging democracy: Nigeria Experience”.
A Lecturer at the department of Communication and General Studies, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Dr Temitope Olaifa, argued that the clashes may not be over if the government fails to conduct research into the skirmish.
According to her, “the way to solve the security challenge posed by incessant clashes between herdsmen and farmers is to conduct in thorough research into the causes.
“By so doing, we will be able to identify the causes and then proffer a solution that won’t make such incidences occur again.
“Government have tried different ways but we seem not to be out of this problem.
“We need to improve in our intelligence gathering and tackle the problem holistically”.