- One Die , Six Injured In Ogun Lone Accident
- Driver Kills Ogun TRACE Official
- Abeokuta : Agura of Gbagura Passes On At 78
- Ijebu-Ode: 3 Killed In Lightening Strike During Heavy Downpour
- Police Kill Two Suspected Armed Robbers in Ijebu Ode
- We Now Feel impact Of Democracy Through Finance Minister’s Contribution – – Ogun Community Indigenes
- “You Lied, Supreme Court Ordered You to Pay N6b in 14 Days” Innoson Tells GTB
- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
Stakeholders Suggest Indepth Findings as Solution to Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes
Stakeholders have said that in-depth findings to the clashes between herdsmen and farmers would assist in providing the needed lasting solution to the menace.
They spoke in Abeokuta at the weekend during a day seminar for officers of the Ogun State Command of Peace Corps of Nigeria with the theme, “The challenges of peace practices in an emerging democracy: Nigeria Experience”.
A Lecturer at the department of Communication and General Studies, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, Dr Temitope Olaifa, argued that the clashes may not be over if the government fails to conduct research into the skirmish.
According to her, “the way to solve the security challenge posed by incessant clashes between herdsmen and farmers is to conduct in thorough research into the causes.
“By so doing, we will be able to identify the causes and then proffer a solution that won’t make such incidences occur again.
“Government have tried different ways but we seem not to be out of this problem.
“We need to improve in our intelligence gathering and tackle the problem holistically”.