- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
- Expect More Laws to Protect the Environment , Ogun Assembly tells Residents
- ‘Third Force’ Accuses APC, PDP of Playing Games with the Lives of Nigerians
- ‘Relax, We are Working to Prevent Statewide Flooding’
- Aspirant Backs IBB’s Call for Youths’ Participation in Politics
Crave for Money by Politicians hinders Development in Nigeria – Adegbuyi
A Governorship Aspirant of Young Democratic Party (YDP), Mr. Babasola Adegbuyi has attributed the un-development of the country to the country’s politicians crave for money.
Adegbuyi who spoke in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital over the weekend during a campaign against Sickle Cell added that majority of the politicians are only in government to regain their financial resources which they invested during their electioneering.
The awareness campaign which was organised by Sickle Cell Foundation of Abeokuta is to sensitise the people about the disease.
He said until politicians in the country enter into government with genuine mind of serving the people, progress and development would still be a child’s play in the country.
The YDP who spoke alongside a chieftain of the party in Ogun state, Hon. Obasanjo Obasesan challenged Nigerian youths to stand up and fight for leadership positions, saying the older politicians were not ready to leave the corridor of power.
His words: “Majority of the politicians are in government for profit making. They are in government to gain what they have invested during campaign. Imagine, I heard that a politician in the State has spent over N3 billion so far doing underground work. Tell me, if he enters, won’t he get his money back?”
“And if he enters and he remove the N3 billion from the account, won’t the State feel the effect on the economy of the State. The youths should rise up and dislodge the old politicians”
He said in foreign countries, politicians are accountable because people sponsored them for political positions but in Nigeria reverse is the case.
Adegbuyi stressed that his party is ready to dislodge the ruling All Progressive Congress from power in 2019, saying the party has the capacity to do so.
In another development, Adegbuyi in his philanthropic gesture paid the hospital bill of a newly born triplet at Sacred Heart Hospital, Lantoro, Abeokuta.