- Seven Burnt to Death in Multiple Accidents on Lagos/Ibadan Expressway
- Obasanjo Registers as CNM Member in Abeokuta
- Labour Party Factional Leaders Drag National Chairman, Arabambi, Adebutu, others to Court
- Stakeholders Suggest Indepth Findings as Solution to Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes
- Crave for Money by Politicians hinders Development in Nigeria – Adegbuyi
- Ogun Customs Command Impounds Goods Worth N67m In 2 Weeks
- Herdsmen Attack Farm in Owode, Destroy N6.8m Worth of Farm Produce
- No battle against Amosun govt, says Ogun NUJ Chairman
- Biodun Owolabi Emerges Labour Party Chairman in Ogun
- DPR Seals up Five Filling Stations in Sango-Ota
Crave for Money by Politicians hinders Development in Nigeria – Adegbuyi
A Governorship Aspirant of Young Democratic Party (YDP), Mr. Babasola Adegbuyi has attributed the un-development of the country to the country’s politicians crave for money.
Adegbuyi who spoke in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital over the weekend during a campaign against Sickle Cell added that majority of the politicians are only in government to regain their financial resources which they invested during their electioneering.
The awareness campaign which was organised by Sickle Cell Foundation of Abeokuta is to sensitise the people about the disease.
He said until politicians in the country enter into government with genuine mind of serving the people, progress and development would still be a child’s play in the country.
The YDP who spoke alongside a chieftain of the party in Ogun state, Hon. Obasanjo Obasesan challenged Nigerian youths to stand up and fight for leadership positions, saying the older politicians were not ready to leave the corridor of power.
His words: “Majority of the politicians are in government for profit making. They are in government to gain what they have invested during campaign. Imagine, I heard that a politician in the State has spent over N3 billion so far doing underground work. Tell me, if he enters, won’t he get his money back?”
“And if he enters and he remove the N3 billion from the account, won’t the State feel the effect on the economy of the State. The youths should rise up and dislodge the old politicians”
He said in foreign countries, politicians are accountable because people sponsored them for political positions but in Nigeria reverse is the case.
Adegbuyi stressed that his party is ready to dislodge the ruling All Progressive Congress from power in 2019, saying the party has the capacity to do so.
In another development, Adegbuyi in his philanthropic gesture paid the hospital bill of a newly born triplet at Sacred Heart Hospital, Lantoro, Abeokuta.