- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
- Expect More Laws to Protect the Environment , Ogun Assembly tells Residents
- ‘Third Force’ Accuses APC, PDP of Playing Games with the Lives of Nigerians
- ‘Relax, We are Working to Prevent Statewide Flooding’
- Aspirant Backs IBB’s Call for Youths’ Participation in Politics
No battle against Amosun govt, says Ogun NUJ Chairman
The Chairman of the Nigerian Union of Journalists, NUJ, Ogun Council, Comrade Wole Shokunbi says the council is not at war with Senator Ibikunle Amosun-led government.
Shokunbi spoke against the backdrop of controversy which trailed hosting of the State House Correspondents who were in Abeokuta for a three-day retreat.
The Chairman made the clarification in Abeokuta at Paramount FM Chapel of NUJ’s 2018 News forum tagged “Sports Development Agenda In Progressive Administration.”
While saying the council remains friend of the government, the Chairman warned that the council would not allow anybody to use the union.
He also said the government should do “the needful.”
Shokunbi asked the government to declare state of emergency on sports, saying the sector is no longer moving in Ogun.
He says Ogun should convene a conference where stakeholders would discuss the challenges and proffer solutions.
He asked journalists not to turn themselves to beggar rather be professional in discharging their responsibilities
His words “Let me say that we have not declared war against Ogun State Government. NUJ is friend of the government, but we will not allowed our union to be used. What we are saying is that the government should do the needful.
“We are not politicians. Our secretariat is meant for everybody including politicians and the political class because we are stakeholders in this country.”