- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
- 12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
Ogun Journalists Kick Against State Sponsored Media Seminar
The Nigeria Union of Journalists, Ogun state council has frowned at the sponsorship of State House Press Corps seminar in Abeokuta after rejection of various proposals for same by journalists in the state.
The council rising from an emergency Congress at the Iwe Iroyin state headquarters of the Union described the action of the state government as sycophantic, playing to the gallery to impress the presidency.
In a communiqué signed by the secretary of the council, Comrade Soji Amosu the union described as worrisome invitation of Journalists from other states to perform duties of the Journalists in the state and non inclusion of Journalists in adhoc committees set up in the state.
The Ogun NUJ members also noted that the state government needed to correct the stoppage of quarterly meetings with the Journalists and the inability of the governor to appoint any of its members in to the present administration.
The Congress resolved that the union would continue to positively engage the state government without neglecting the its constitutional responsibility of being the watch dog of the society.