- Seven Burnt to Death in Multiple Accidents on Lagos/Ibadan Expressway
- Obasanjo Registers as CNM Member in Abeokuta
- Labour Party Factional Leaders Drag National Chairman, Arabambi, Adebutu, others to Court
- Stakeholders Suggest Indepth Findings as Solution to Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes
- Crave for Money by Politicians hinders Development in Nigeria – Adegbuyi
- Ogun Customs Command Impounds Goods Worth N67m In 2 Weeks
- Herdsmen Attack Farm in Owode, Destroy N6.8m Worth of Farm Produce
- No battle against Amosun govt, says Ogun NUJ Chairman
- Biodun Owolabi Emerges Labour Party Chairman in Ogun
- DPR Seals up Five Filling Stations in Sango-Ota
Ogun Journalists Kick Against State Sponsored Media Seminar
The Nigeria Union of Journalists, Ogun state council has frowned at the sponsorship of State House Press Corps seminar in Abeokuta after rejection of various proposals for same by journalists in the state.
The council rising from an emergency Congress at the Iwe Iroyin state headquarters of the Union described the action of the state government as sycophantic, playing to the gallery to impress the presidency.
In a communiqué signed by the secretary of the council, Comrade Soji Amosu the union described as worrisome invitation of Journalists from other states to perform duties of the Journalists in the state and non inclusion of Journalists in adhoc committees set up in the state.
The Ogun NUJ members also noted that the state government needed to correct the stoppage of quarterly meetings with the Journalists and the inability of the governor to appoint any of its members in to the present administration.
The Congress resolved that the union would continue to positively engage the state government without neglecting the its constitutional responsibility of being the watch dog of the society.