- Bafarawa Harps on Unity, Peace for Nigeria’s Growth
- Direct Primaries Will Boost Nigeria’s Democracy — Ogun assembly aspirant
- 2019: Group Petitions APC Over Adoption Of Badoo kingpin As Consensus Candidate In Ogun
- 2019 Polls : Don’t Elect President Based On Sentiment – Saraki
- 2019: NANS Urges Political Parties To Give Room For Internal Democracy
- NYSC Mulls Extended Service For Serial Dress Code Offenders
- Worse of Nigerian Governors Today Is The Youngest –Rev. Bello
- Speeding Vehicle Kills Mother, Baby In Ogun
- We Do Not Manipulate Admissions In FUNAAB – Vice Chancellor
- Ogun: APC Picks Consensus Candidates For House Of Assembly Elections
I’m Still In The Race For Next Ogun Governor -Paseda
Otunba Rotimi Paseda has declared that, he is still interested in contesting the 2019 governorship election in Ogun State, saying he is only consulting with the power blocs in the state before declaring his ambition.
Otunba Paseda stated that, his governorship ambition is predicated on rescue mission to provide succour and alternative government to the people of Ogun State.
Paseda who spoke on Thursday in Ijebu-Ode while meeting with Omu Council of Baales and his support group, Paseda Supporters Network also denied rumour that, he had jettisoned his governorship ambition for House of Representatives seat at the National Assembly, describing it as “laughable”.
He emphasized that his governorship ambition is unnegotiable, but only waiting for INEC to lift the embargo on political campaign.
He said the rumour was orchestrated to unsettle his followers and planned to cause unhealthy division within his camp, urging his supporters to remain unperturbed and resolute in their believe in his ambition.
“My governorship ambition is still on course and for anybody to think that I’ve abandoned that, it’s laughable and wishful thinking of my rivals.
“I have not settle for neither the House of Representatives nor the Senate, those promoting that sees my governorship ambition as threat to them.
“I’m aware that, they have penetrated to Ijebu to canvass as usual with our stolen money from Abuja, but take their money and follow your conscience because we are in the harvest of money”, he averred
Paseda who was the Ogun State 2015 UPN governorship candidate later advised other aspirants to stop playing ‘hide and seek’ game, but focus on getting their party’s ticket before engaging in dirty politics.
“Unfortunately, those spreading the white lies will not eventually contest the election. But I have one message for them. They should first get their party’s governorship ticket before embarking on their usual dirty and hatred politics”.