- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
- 12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
Amosun Charges Journalists on Nigeria’s Unity
Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, has enjoined Nigerian journalists to always endeavour to work towards uniting Nigerians as the election year draws nearer.
He made the charge while receiving Executive Members of the State House Press Corp (SHPC), in his Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, office yesterday.
He said journalists should be alive to their responsibility, by ensuring a united and peaceful nation, which he said, are needed for a successful and rancour free polls.
Emphasising a responsible and ethical management of information, the governor said the theme of the symposium, being organised by the corp in the state, “The Role of the Media in Peace Building: 2019 Election in Perspective”, is apt, adding that a responsive media is critical to the 2019 elections.
The governor, who commended SHPC for their role in the success of the President Mohammadu Buhari administration, called for their continued support, urging them to be objective in their news report as well as in the analysis of government policies and programmes.
Earlier, the Chairman of SHPC, Mr. Ubale Musa, said the choice of Abeokuta for the symposium, was due to the level of infrastructural development witnessed in the state in the last seven years.
Also, the Vice Chairman, Mr. Ikharo Attah described the state government as an epitome of good governance and massive transformation, revealing that members of the corp are happy with the adminstration’s giant strides.