- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
- 12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
13 Years After, Obasanjo Vists Stella’s Family
By Femi Sanyaolu
Thirteen years after he lost his wife, Stella, ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo has continued visiting family of the late first lady who died 13 years ago.
Obasanjo, yesterday paid a courtesy visit to the family home at Iruekpen, Edo state, SouthSouth Nigeria. He was received by the former first lady’s parents, her father, Christopher Abebe who is almost 100years and her mother, Theresa who is almost 90 and other family members.
The late first lady got married to Obasanjo in 1976. They had a son together, Muyiwa. She died on October 23rd 2005 in Malaga, Spain from complications from a tummy tuck surgery.