- Seven Burnt to Death in Multiple Accidents on Lagos/Ibadan Expressway
- Obasanjo Registers as CNM Member in Abeokuta
- Labour Party Factional Leaders Drag National Chairman, Arabambi, Adebutu, others to Court
- Stakeholders Suggest Indepth Findings as Solution to Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes
- Crave for Money by Politicians hinders Development in Nigeria – Adegbuyi
- Ogun Customs Command Impounds Goods Worth N67m In 2 Weeks
- Herdsmen Attack Farm in Owode, Destroy N6.8m Worth of Farm Produce
- No battle against Amosun govt, says Ogun NUJ Chairman
- Biodun Owolabi Emerges Labour Party Chairman in Ogun
- DPR Seals up Five Filling Stations in Sango-Ota
13 Years After, Obasanjo Vists Stella’s Family
By Femi Sanyaolu
Thirteen years after he lost his wife, Stella, ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo has continued visiting family of the late first lady who died 13 years ago.
Obasanjo, yesterday paid a courtesy visit to the family home at Iruekpen, Edo state, SouthSouth Nigeria. He was received by the former first lady’s parents, her father, Christopher Abebe who is almost 100years and her mother, Theresa who is almost 90 and other family members.
The late first lady got married to Obasanjo in 1976. They had a son together, Muyiwa. She died on October 23rd 2005 in Malaga, Spain from complications from a tummy tuck surgery.