- Seven Burnt to Death in Multiple Accidents on Lagos/Ibadan Expressway
- Obasanjo Registers as CNM Member in Abeokuta
- Labour Party Factional Leaders Drag National Chairman, Arabambi, Adebutu, others to Court
- Stakeholders Suggest Indepth Findings as Solution to Herdsmen, Farmers Clashes
- Crave for Money by Politicians hinders Development in Nigeria – Adegbuyi
- Ogun Customs Command Impounds Goods Worth N67m In 2 Weeks
- Herdsmen Attack Farm in Owode, Destroy N6.8m Worth of Farm Produce
- No battle against Amosun govt, says Ogun NUJ Chairman
- Biodun Owolabi Emerges Labour Party Chairman in Ogun
- DPR Seals up Five Filling Stations in Sango-Ota
Abeokuta City Centre To Be Ready in 24 Months – Amosun
The Abeokuta City Centre project has taken off in the Ogun State capital, with the construction of world class shopping mall, hall, an ampi-theatre, hotel and service apartment arena.
The State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun disclosed this to pressmen, during an inspection to the site at Oke-Ilewo, Abeokuta, with a promise that the project would be ready in two years.
Amosun said the project would be private sector driven, noting that the State Government would be responsible for the construction of the ampi- theatre, while two commercial banks were already on site, constructing their offices; one of which was a twelve storey building, where banking activities in the whole of West Africa would be controlled.
”The centre will also accommodate the central station of the Federal Government rail project and it will be completed in twenty four months,” he said.
On her part, the Commissioner for Housing, Architect Segun Abiodun, said the project was one out of the many projects, which the present administration has been using in attracting more investors and people to reside in the State.
The promoter of the Shoprite mall, Mr. Tayo Amusan in his remarks, said the new shoprite shopping mall, being constructed within the city centre, was the second largest in Nigeria and would be completed in 24 months.