- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
- 12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
Abeokuta City Centre To Be Ready in 24 Months – Amosun
The Abeokuta City Centre project has taken off in the Ogun State capital, with the construction of world class shopping mall, hall, an ampi-theatre, hotel and service apartment arena.
The State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun disclosed this to pressmen, during an inspection to the site at Oke-Ilewo, Abeokuta, with a promise that the project would be ready in two years.
Amosun said the project would be private sector driven, noting that the State Government would be responsible for the construction of the ampi- theatre, while two commercial banks were already on site, constructing their offices; one of which was a twelve storey building, where banking activities in the whole of West Africa would be controlled.
”The centre will also accommodate the central station of the Federal Government rail project and it will be completed in twenty four months,” he said.
On her part, the Commissioner for Housing, Architect Segun Abiodun, said the project was one out of the many projects, which the present administration has been using in attracting more investors and people to reside in the State.
The promoter of the Shoprite mall, Mr. Tayo Amusan in his remarks, said the new shoprite shopping mall, being constructed within the city centre, was the second largest in Nigeria and would be completed in 24 months.