- DPR Seals up Five Filling Stations in Sango-Ota
- I’m Still In The Race For Next Ogun Governor -Paseda
- Ogun Reunites 64 Libya Returnees With Relatives
- NNL, Nationwide League Clubs to hold Pre-season tournament in Ogun
- Customs Officers Shoot, Injure Pregnant Woman in Ogun
- Amosun Charges Journalists on Nigeria’s Unity
- Ogun Journalists Kick Against State Sponsored Media Seminar
- “2019 : Adebutu is Planning to hijack our Party” -Labour Party Cries
- 2019: Ogun Speaker Announces Intention to Contest for Governor
- 13 Years After, Obasanjo Vists Stella’s Family
Ogun Police Arrest Brothers for Serial Rape
Men of the Ogun State Police Command have arrested two brothers, Paul Jibunor ’23’ and Nkoenye Jibunor ’28’, for serial rape and robbery.
Mr Abimbola Oyeyemi, the State Police Public Relations Officer, who disclosed this in a statement in Abeokuta, said that the two men were arrested on December 31 following a report from one Ijeoma, surname withheld.
The statement stated that Ijeoma had reported at Ojodu Abiodun Division that she was picked in a taxi by three men on December 29 from Fela shrine Oregun Lagos to Iwo street Ojodu Abiodun on an agreed fees.
It stated that the men forcefully dragged her down and had unlawful carnal knowledge of her after which they dispossessed her of her belongings.
” She stated further that she sighted the three men at Adebayo area of Ojodu and was able to recognise them.
“Upon her report, the DPO Ojodu Abiodun, Sp Bamidele Job, detailed detectives to the area where two of the suspects were arrested while the third one escaped.
” On interrogation, the suspects confessed to the crime. Further investigation revealed that they have been involved in series of rape cases around that area.
“There mode of operation is to use Uber taxi to pick their victims to an isolated area where such victims are raped in turn before dispossessing them of their belongings.
“Some of the victim’s properties such as necklace, phone and wrist watch were recovered from them, “the statement said.
The Commissioner of Police, Cp Ahmed Iliyasu, had ordered that the suspects be transferred to State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for discreet investigation and prosecution.
He equally ordered that the escaped member of the group must be hunted for and brought to justice.