- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
- 12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
Ogun Police Arrest Brothers for Serial Rape
Men of the Ogun State Police Command have arrested two brothers, Paul Jibunor ’23’ and Nkoenye Jibunor ’28’, for serial rape and robbery.
Mr Abimbola Oyeyemi, the State Police Public Relations Officer, who disclosed this in a statement in Abeokuta, said that the two men were arrested on December 31 following a report from one Ijeoma, surname withheld.
The statement stated that Ijeoma had reported at Ojodu Abiodun Division that she was picked in a taxi by three men on December 29 from Fela shrine Oregun Lagos to Iwo street Ojodu Abiodun on an agreed fees.
It stated that the men forcefully dragged her down and had unlawful carnal knowledge of her after which they dispossessed her of her belongings.
” She stated further that she sighted the three men at Adebayo area of Ojodu and was able to recognise them.
“Upon her report, the DPO Ojodu Abiodun, Sp Bamidele Job, detailed detectives to the area where two of the suspects were arrested while the third one escaped.
” On interrogation, the suspects confessed to the crime. Further investigation revealed that they have been involved in series of rape cases around that area.
“There mode of operation is to use Uber taxi to pick their victims to an isolated area where such victims are raped in turn before dispossessing them of their belongings.
“Some of the victim’s properties such as necklace, phone and wrist watch were recovered from them, “the statement said.
The Commissioner of Police, Cp Ahmed Iliyasu, had ordered that the suspects be transferred to State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for discreet investigation and prosecution.
He equally ordered that the escaped member of the group must be hunted for and brought to justice.