- “You Lied, Supreme Court Ordered You to Pay N6b in 14 Days” Innoson Tells GTB
- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
- 12 Die, 8 Injured on Lagos /Ibadan Express Auto Crash
- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
Church Feeds 4,700 Widows, Others at Christmas in Abeokuta
The Treasure House of God Church, Abeokuta, on Monday, distributed raw beef and rice to over 4,700 less-privileged to mark this year’s Christmas.
The needy which comprised widows, widowers, youths, students and physically challenged had thronged the church located at quarry road, Abeokuta, as early as 7am, to collect the gift.
The food items’ distribution was preceded by a short service presided over by the Church’s Associate Pastor, Lenus Taylor.
Taylor in an interview with reporters in the sidelines of the distribution exercise, explained that the gesture was done in the spirit of love sharing with the indigents during the celebration.
The Associate Pastor said the gesture had started many years back and it was part of the church’s General Overseer, Seye Senfuye’s resolve to put smiles on faces of the needy at Christmas.
While dismissing that the gesture had political undertone, Taylor hinted that 50,000 people would benefit from the free donation in 2018 edition.
He said : “The programme is necessitated by the love of God and the love for humanity that the founder of this ministry, Pastor Adeseye Senfuye have for the people and the christ.
“It is scriptural that we should extend our hand of fellowship to the less-privileged. We have 4,700 gifts for people and the content of a package is meat and rice.
“We don’t discriminate whether you are a Christian or Muslim.
“No political undertone. This is why we are distributing it in the church. We have been doing it for some time now and it increases yearly.
” Last year, 1, 000 people benefited. This year, it is close to 5,000. By the grace of God next year, it will get to 50, 000.
“My advice for the people is to continue to pray for those in government so that they will do what is right. Once they do what is right, everyone of us will definitely enjoy it, ” he said.
One of the beneficiaries, Mrs Olutoyin Adeyemi, thanked the donor and urged the government, other churches and well-meaning Nigerians to emulate the gesture.
Adeyemi said : “Nigerians should be their brothers’ keeper. Those that have should give to those who don’t have. People should stop accumulating wealth for themselves because it would be useless when they die.