- Police Arrest Man for Allegedly Raping, Killing Corps Member in Ogun
- Ogun 2019 : Appoint Politicians, not Technocrats When You Become Governor – Women Group tells Adekunbi
- Ogun Govt. Loses N5bn Monthly to Illegal Toll Collectors -Amosun
- Ogun Speaker Lauds Journalists for Promoting Good Governance, Receives Media Friendly Award
- “Free Education Policy is Outdated, Irrelevant in 21st Century”
- Unemployment: Cleric to Provide 100 Youths With Capital for Business Setup in Ogun
- 2018 Budget Proposal Scales Second Reading at Ogun Assembly
- Broadcast Journalists Association Celebrates World TV Day, Evaluates Role of Electronic Media in Development
- Amosun Presents N345.4bn 2018 Budget to Ogun Assembly
- BREAKING NEWS: Top Awori Socio-Cultural Organization Endorses Yayi for 2019
Woman Cuts Eight Year Old Step Daughter With Razor Blade
‘It’s the Devil…” She Says
Men of the Ogun Police Command have arrested one Mrs Rose Michael for inflicting life threatened injuries on her 8 year old step daughter named Blessing Michael
Mr Abimbola Oyeyemi, the State Police Public Relations Officer, made this known in a statement in Abeokuta.
Oyeyemi explained that the suspect who resided at No 10 Onofowokan Street Ita-oluwa in Ogijo was arrested following a complaint from her husband, James Michael.
He stated that the husband reported that his wife called him on phone while he was away at work informing him that his daughter “Blessing” beat her little daughter and injured her on her leg and that she was going to injure her too on revenge.
“The complainant stated further that he pleaded with her on phone to wait for him to see what actually happened.
“But before his arrival, the woman has used razor blade to inflict deep cuts on the little girl’s two hands and thigh, consequently upon which the victim was bleeding profusely.
” Upon the complaint, the DPO, Ogijo Division, Sp Tijani Muhammed, detailed detectives to effect the arrest of the suspect.
“On interrogation, the suspect owned up to the commission of the offence but blamed it on the devil as she claimed not to know what came over her that made her did so.
“The victim has been taken to Lenard Hospital Ogijo where she is currently on admission.
Meanwhile, the police spokesman said the Commissioner of Police CP Ahmed Iliyasu, had ordered the immediate transfer of the case to Anti Human Trafficking and Child Labor Unit of Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department for further investigation and possible prosecution of the suspect.
He equally warned that the Command would not tolerate any act of wickedness and man inhumanity to man in whatever form.