- White Man Dies on Lagos/ Ibadan Expressway Accident
- Peace Corps of Nigeria, Advocate Of Rights To Peace -Ogun Commandant
- 2019 — Ogun APC Reverses Decision , Adopts Indirect Primaries
- Motorcyclist, 4 Others Crushes To Death on Lagos/Ibadan Express
- Ijebu Ode – Septuagenarian Defiles 2 Underage Girls
- Paris Club Refund – Ogun Govt. receives N17.3bn , To Clear Deductions, Gratuity, Others
- Bafarawa Harps on Unity, Peace for Nigeria’s Growth
- Direct Primaries Will Boost Nigeria’s Democracy — Ogun assembly aspirant
- 2019: Group Petitions APC Over Adoption Of Badoo kingpin As Consensus Candidate In Ogun
- 2019 Polls : Don’t Elect President Based On Sentiment – Saraki
Lawmaker Commissions Blocks of Classroom, Borehole in Yewa
The lawmaker representing Yewa South at the Ogun House of Assembly, Mrs Juliana Akintayo, has commissioned two blocks of classroom at St. Paul Anglican primary school 1 in Yewa South Local Government area of Ogun.
Speaking to newsmen after the commissioning on Saturday , Akintayo (PDP) noted that she was moved to build the two blocks of classrooms by her zeal to empower the grassroots through education.
She disclosed that the project was realised through the strong support of Gov. Ibikunle Amosun, adding that with more support from the governor, the project would be replicated in other schools in the council area.
“Through the grassroots oriented leadership of the governor, members of the State House of Assembly are properly identifying with the grassroot by way of meaningful projects.
“The reason why I brought the constituency project to this school is not far fetched, I was once a pupil like these children in this school, I graduated from this school.
“I felt it is important to do something for the school and since education is the best legacy you can give, I decided to build the classrooms to support the school and to encourage other children to come to the school.
“I facilitated the project through the support of the governor of the state,and I believe by the grace of God, he will still do more so that we can give to other schools, ” she said.
The Chairman of the occasion, Mr Olusola Sonuga, Chairman, House Committee on Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, commended the facilitator of the project for her special love for education.
Sonuga said that the project would be of great benefit to the pupils, school and the community, saying that it would encourage parents to register their wards into the school.
Mr Ogunlade Adedeji , the Head Teacher of the school, said that the new classrooms would go a long way in assisting the school to have more pupils, commending the lawmaker for bringing the project to the school.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the lawmaker also commissioned a borehole at St. John’s primary school, Ajilete.
Akintayo, who also donated a generating set to power the borehole, said the borehole was for the use of the school and the community around the school premises.