- One Die , Six Injured In Ogun Lone Accident
- Driver Kills Ogun TRACE Official
- Abeokuta : Agura of Gbagura Passes On At 78
- Ijebu-Ode: 3 Killed In Lightening Strike During Heavy Downpour
- Police Kill Two Suspected Armed Robbers in Ijebu Ode
- We Now Feel impact Of Democracy Through Finance Minister’s Contribution – – Ogun Community Indigenes
- “You Lied, Supreme Court Ordered You to Pay N6b in 14 Days” Innoson Tells GTB
- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
Ghost Workers: Ogun Begins Verification in Tertiary Institutions
As part of plan towards eliminating ghost workers and ensure prompt payment of salaries, the Ogun government on Saturday embarked on verification exercise of personnel in all tertiary institutions across the state.
Mr Babajide Olubanjo, the State Auditor General, who spoke to newsmen during the exercise at the D.S. Adegbenro ICT Polytechnic, Itori in Ewekoro local government, said that the exercise was necessary.
Olubanjo noted that the verification exercise was aimed at ensuring an updated record of workers in tertiary institutions so as to give room for prompt payment of their salaries.
He stated that the exercise would also ensure payment of other dues to genuine staff so as to reduce government undue spending.
Olubanjo, represented by Principal Auditor, Alhaji Musibau Adekunle, said that the screening and verification of personnel was aimed at getting adequate data of staff.
”The verification exercise is necessary at ascertaining the total number of personnel working with the state government and to eradicate the issue of multiple payment for non existing workers.
“We are taking it to all the state own tertiary institutions ,” he said.
The Auditor-general added that it was a laudable step taken by the state government towards ensuring convenient in staff renumeration with minimal wastage.
In his remarks, Mr. Adekanbi Ariyo, the institutions Internal Auditor, lauded government on the verification exercise.
Ariyo said that the exercise would aid easy discovery of actual personnel cost of tertiary institutions’ and eliminate issue of ghost workers.