- Bafarawa Harps on Unity, Peace for Nigeria’s Growth
- Direct Primaries Will Boost Nigeria’s Democracy — Ogun assembly aspirant
- 2019: Group Petitions APC Over Adoption Of Badoo kingpin As Consensus Candidate In Ogun
- 2019 Polls : Don’t Elect President Based On Sentiment – Saraki
- 2019: NANS Urges Political Parties To Give Room For Internal Democracy
- NYSC Mulls Extended Service For Serial Dress Code Offenders
- Worse of Nigerian Governors Today Is The Youngest –Rev. Bello
- Speeding Vehicle Kills Mother, Baby In Ogun
- We Do Not Manipulate Admissions In FUNAAB – Vice Chancellor
- Ogun: APC Picks Consensus Candidates For House Of Assembly Elections
Ogun Switches to 15 Megawatts Power Plant
Determined to end the era of interrupted power supply in government secretariat, government official quarters, public hospitals, and others, Ogun State Government has announced its plan to officially switch on the 15 Megawatts power plant constructed by the government and Lisabi Power an Independent Power Provider (IPP) through Public Partnership Programme (PPP).
The Commissioner for Works & Infrastructure, Arc. Olamilekan Adegbite who announced this today while playing host to the Executives and members of the Egba Economic Summit (EES) led by Chairman, Programmes and Economic Development, Engineer Tokunbo Odebunmi who were in his office on a courtesy call, said government will initially start with the distribution of 5MW tomorrow.
Adegbite in a statement by the Head of Media in the Ministry, Mr. Ayokunle Ewuoso, pointed out further that government facilities which include Government House, Commissioners’ Quarters, Water Corporation, Modern shopping Malls, street lights, Legislative Quarters, and the Deputy Governors’ residence will benefit from the first phase.
“Come today, Nov 1 2017, we are switching on the first phase of 5MW of the power plant, but the whole thing is still going to 15 MW eventually. The power plant had been test run for 3-4 weeks before it was switched off in October 1st because we found out that the cable laid had been damaged by yet to be identified people, this has been fixed and we are assuring that come November 1st 2017 the energy plant will start work fully.
“We are also doing the power system for Ijebu-Ode, Sagamu, and Ota, we have contacted about 12 IPP contractors, and they are going to get their money over the course of fifteen (15) years”.
Adegbite who further said that the power plant which has its generation at Onijaganjagan in Ifo Local Government Area and power house at Oke-Sokori in Abeokuta North Local government area would equally serve palaces of Kings within Abeokuta metropolis, added that more people and Organizations would be considered in the distribution by the time the power plants is upgraded to 15 MW.
Responding Engineer Odebunmi commended the government for its Unprecedented Infrastructural Development been executed across the State, adding that the present administration should ensure that the legacies that it will be leaving behind after expiration of its tenure is sustained by the incoming administration.