- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
- Expect More Laws to Protect the Environment , Ogun Assembly tells Residents
- ‘Third Force’ Accuses APC, PDP of Playing Games with the Lives of Nigerians
- ‘Relax, We are Working to Prevent Statewide Flooding’
- Aspirant Backs IBB’s Call for Youths’ Participation in Politics
One Dies, As Customs, Smugglers Exchange Fire at Ajilete
One person has died in a clash between operatives of the Nigeria Customs Service, Ogun Area Command and a group of suspected customs at Ajilete village in Ipokia Local Government of the state.
According to reports, the customs officers had stormed the village on a tip-off that some smugglers had illegally taken three tokunbo vehicles into the community, from the Republic of Benin via Idi-iroko border.
In the process, the customs men recovered a Toyota Tundra pick-up van out of the vehicles allegedly smuggled in, but some hoodlums, suspected to be smugglers, barricaded the roads leading to the village with various objects, to prevent the Customs operatives from taking the impounded vehicle away.
A free for all ensued during which there was an exchange of fire in which a passersby was gunned down by a stary bullet.