- One Die , Six Injured In Ogun Lone Accident
- Driver Kills Ogun TRACE Official
- Abeokuta : Agura of Gbagura Passes On At 78
- Ijebu-Ode: 3 Killed In Lightening Strike During Heavy Downpour
- Police Kill Two Suspected Armed Robbers in Ijebu Ode
- We Now Feel impact Of Democracy Through Finance Minister’s Contribution – – Ogun Community Indigenes
- “You Lied, Supreme Court Ordered You to Pay N6b in 14 Days” Innoson Tells GTB
- OBASANJO: Why I Dumped the Coalition
- BREAKING NEWS: Obasanjo Quits as Coalition Collapses into Political Party
- Police Inspector Dies in Abeokuta Lone Accident
One Dies, As Customs, Smugglers Exchange Fire at Ajilete
One person has died in a clash between operatives of the Nigeria Customs Service, Ogun Area Command and a group of suspected customs at Ajilete village in Ipokia Local Government of the state.
According to reports, the customs officers had stormed the village on a tip-off that some smugglers had illegally taken three tokunbo vehicles into the community, from the Republic of Benin via Idi-iroko border.
In the process, the customs men recovered a Toyota Tundra pick-up van out of the vehicles allegedly smuggled in, but some hoodlums, suspected to be smugglers, barricaded the roads leading to the village with various objects, to prevent the Customs operatives from taking the impounded vehicle away.
A free for all ensued during which there was an exchange of fire in which a passersby was gunned down by a stary bullet.