- DPR Seals up Five Filling Stations in Sango-Ota
- I’m Still In The Race For Next Ogun Governor -Paseda
- Ogun Reunites 64 Libya Returnees With Relatives
- NNL, Nationwide League Clubs to hold Pre-season tournament in Ogun
- Customs Officers Shoot, Injure Pregnant Woman in Ogun
- Amosun Charges Journalists on Nigeria’s Unity
- Ogun Journalists Kick Against State Sponsored Media Seminar
- “2019 : Adebutu is Planning to hijack our Party” -Labour Party Cries
- 2019: Ogun Speaker Announces Intention to Contest for Governor
- 13 Years After, Obasanjo Vists Stella’s Family
One Dies, As Customs, Smugglers Exchange Fire at Ajilete
One person has died in a clash between operatives of the Nigeria Customs Service, Ogun Area Command and a group of suspected customs at Ajilete village in Ipokia Local Government of the state.
According to reports, the customs officers had stormed the village on a tip-off that some smugglers had illegally taken three tokunbo vehicles into the community, from the Republic of Benin via Idi-iroko border.
In the process, the customs men recovered a Toyota Tundra pick-up van out of the vehicles allegedly smuggled in, but some hoodlums, suspected to be smugglers, barricaded the roads leading to the village with various objects, to prevent the Customs operatives from taking the impounded vehicle away.
A free for all ensued during which there was an exchange of fire in which a passersby was gunned down by a stary bullet.