- White Man Dies on Lagos/ Ibadan Expressway Accident
- Peace Corps of Nigeria, Advocate Of Rights To Peace -Ogun Commandant
- 2019 — Ogun APC Reverses Decision , Adopts Indirect Primaries
- Motorcyclist, 4 Others Crushes To Death on Lagos/Ibadan Express
- Ijebu Ode – Septuagenarian Defiles 2 Underage Girls
- Paris Club Refund – Ogun Govt. receives N17.3bn , To Clear Deductions, Gratuity, Others
- Bafarawa Harps on Unity, Peace for Nigeria’s Growth
- Direct Primaries Will Boost Nigeria’s Democracy — Ogun assembly aspirant
- 2019: Group Petitions APC Over Adoption Of Badoo kingpin As Consensus Candidate In Ogun
- 2019 Polls : Don’t Elect President Based On Sentiment – Saraki
Ogun Monarchs Endorse Adekunmbi for Governor
The Gubernatorial ambition of the Speaker of the Ogun State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Suraj Ishola Adekunbi today received the endorsement of the Egba Council led by its President,the Alake and Paramount Ruler of Egbaland, Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo.
The monarchs led by Alake, who received the Speaker shortly after the Traditional Council meeting, applauded the mutual inter – dependence of all arms of Government in the State particularly the support of the State House of Assembly in the monumental development of infrastructure going on across the State.
While commending the leadership style of the Speaker and his sense of wisdom in promoting peace and stability in the legislative arm in the last six years; the monarch described him as a reliable and well organised politician, who could sustain the tempo of development being put in place by the Senator Ibikunle Amosun if elected as governor in 2019.
Other monarchs who threw their weight behind the Governorship ambition of the Speaker included Osile of Oke – Ona Egba,Oba Adedapo Tejuosho, Olu of Odeda,Olorunnisola David Ishola ,Alagbado of Agbado, Oba Shyllon Sogbolu, Olu of Obafemi, Oba Taofeek Owolabi,Olu of Owode-Ota, Oba Ogungbayi Wasiu, Onijale of Ijale, Oba Michael Babalola & Olu of Itori, Oba Abdul Fatai Akamo.
They all attested to the competence, dedication and resilience of Adekunbi as a suitable aspirant to succeed Senator Ibikunle Amosun with a clear indication of sustaining the Governor’s legacy, programmes and projects.
According to the monarchs, the Speaker stood out among other aspirants, having promoted peace and development in the State House of Assembly in the past years and he was one of the major brains behind the tremendous achievements recorded in the State.
Responding,the Speaker Adekunbi assured that the tempo of development would be sustained if given the opportunity to govern the State in 2019.
He noted that having been Speaker of a multi- party House of Assembly with focus on the success of on going Rebuilding Mission, he would consolidate on the current gains in the State.
Commending Governor Amosun for his resolve to support the Ogun West Senatorial District to produce the next Governor, he solicited the support of the remaining districts for Ogun West to occupy the exalted position
He explained that the five cardinal programmes of the current administration would be sustained to aid the overall development of all sectors of the State’s economy.