- 5 Lawmakers Defect In Ogun
- Mother Of 5 Dies After Marathon Sex With Lover
- Police Arrest Landlord Who Led Gang To Rob Neighbour
- 2019 : Ambassador Felix Osakwe Receive Akran’s Royal Blessing
- NYSC, Ogun govt. Pay Visit To Recovering Accident Victims In OOUTH
- Tanker Motor Boy Killed In Sagamu/Benin Expressway Auto-crash
- Saraki Visits Obasanjo, Keeps Mum On NASS’s Reconvening Date
- Ogun : Police Arrest Ex – Convict , Accomplice Over Stolen Truck
- Saraki Fires Back , Says Oshiomole Behaving Like Rain-Beaten Chicken
- “Mr Latin ‘’ Identifies Discipline, Integrity As Virtues For Success
PDP Chairmanship: Gbenga Daniel to Declare Intention, Wednesday
Former Ogun state governor, Otunba Gbemga Daniel has promised to officially declare his intention to contest the post of national chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), this week Wednesday.
Mr Daniel fondly called OGD said he will make the pronouncement at a highbrow hotel in Abuja.
“By the grace of God, I will formally declare my intention for PDP Chairmanship sit on Wed 18th Oct 2017 @ Transcorp Hilton Hotel Abuja @ 11 hrs prompt” He said.
OGD served as governor of Ogun state between 29 May 2003 to 29 May 2011, making him the longest-serving governor of the state.
As governor, he has attracted heavy criticisms and commendations as well. He constructed the new government secretariat at Oke Mosan which brought all the state ministries together in one administrative complex.
The party stakeholders at a meeting of the Southern zone of the opposition party zoned the national chairmanship position to the South-West.
Following that agreement, a number of notable PDP leaders from the SouthWest have declared their intentiom to join the race. These include former deputy national vice chairman, Chief Olabode George Senator Bode Olajumoke and a former governorship candidate in Lagos, Mr. Jimi Agbaje.