- DPR Seals up Five Filling Stations in Sango-Ota
- I’m Still In The Race For Next Ogun Governor -Paseda
- Ogun Reunites 64 Libya Returnees With Relatives
- NNL, Nationwide League Clubs to hold Pre-season tournament in Ogun
- Customs Officers Shoot, Injure Pregnant Woman in Ogun
- Amosun Charges Journalists on Nigeria’s Unity
- Ogun Journalists Kick Against State Sponsored Media Seminar
- “2019 : Adebutu is Planning to hijack our Party” -Labour Party Cries
- 2019: Ogun Speaker Announces Intention to Contest for Governor
- 13 Years After, Obasanjo Vists Stella’s Family
FUNNAB gets new VC, Registrar, Bursar
The Governing Council, Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), has approved the appointment of Prof. Felix Salako, as the substantive Vice-Chancellor of the institution.
Other appointments approved by the Council were the positions of the Registrar and Bursar which would be occupied by Dr. Hakeem Adekola and Mr. Chukwunwike Ezekpeazu respectively.
Their new appointments according to the Pro-Chancellor and Chairman of Council, Dr.Aboki Zawha, in a statement on Wednesday from the Directorate of Public Relations of FUNNAB, was guided by rules, regulations and the Act establishing the University.
Zawha said that the Council set up a Committee that conducted the screening of all applicants and afterwards mandated the Technical Committee to see whether the applicants complied with advertisement about the position they applied for.
“The Technical Committee came up with good list and presented it to the Selection Board.
“Recommendations were made to the Council and we approved the list and other recommendations that were submitted, ” he said.
The VC designate, Salako, until his appointment was Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Development) of FUNAAB.
He hails from Ibadan, the capital of Oyo State and was born in 1961.
Salako, a Professor of Soil Physics in the Department of Soil Science and Land Management attended Igbobi College, Lagos.
He later proceeded to the University of Nigeria, Nusukka where he obtained B.A Agric(Hons) and M.Sc degrees in Soil Sciences in 1983 and 1986 respectively and later bagged his Ph.D in Soil Science from the University of Ibadan in 1997.
He joined the services of FUNAAB in 2000 as a Senior Lecturer and moved up the academic ladder to become a Professor in 2006.
The new Registrar-desginate was until his appointment the Deputy Registrar in charge of Senate Affairs at the Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) , Ago-Iwoye.
Ezekpeazu was a former Bursar at the National Mathematical Centre, Abuja and visiting Bursar at on sabbatical at the Michael Okpara University of Agriculture, Umudike, in Abia State.