- BREAKING: Immigration to Begin Issuance of International Passport in Sagamu
- Ogun govt. to Build 20,000-Capacity Amphitheater for Drum Festival
- Nurses Can Establish Maternity Homes – HMB Director
- 2019 Guber Election : Ogun West Elders’ Council Plans Political Stakeholders.Summit
- 2018 African Drums Festival Kicks off in Abeokuta
- Prison Reforms : NGO Donates Mosque to Juvenile Prison in Ogun
- Expect More Laws to Protect the Environment , Ogun Assembly tells Residents
- ‘Third Force’ Accuses APC, PDP of Playing Games with the Lives of Nigerians
- ‘Relax, We are Working to Prevent Statewide Flooding’
- Aspirant Backs IBB’s Call for Youths’ Participation in Politics
Ogun Govt. Approves Appointment of New Akarigbo of Remoland
The Ogun State Executive Council has approved the appointment of Prince Babatunde Adewale Ajayi as the new Akarigbo and Paramount ruler of Remoland.
The approval was contained in a statement signed by the Secretary to the State Government, Barr. Taiwo Adeoluwa in Abeokuta.
The statement indicated that the new monarch who hails from Torungbuwa Ruling House was appointed by the kingmakers to fill the Chieftaincy post following the demise of Oba Michael Adeniyi Sonariwo in July, 2016.
The release added that the new Akarigbo-elect is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Business Recovery and Insolvency Practitioners Association of Nigeria, Chartered Institute of Taxation and member, Nigeria Bar Association among other professional bodies.
The 54-year old attended Universities of Ibadan and Calabar respectively.
Adeoluwa charged him to bring his wealth of experience as an accomplished professional to bear in his new role and also use the opportunity of his ascension to the exalted throne to further engender unity, cooperation and peace in his domain.