- DPR Seals up Five Filling Stations in Sango-Ota
- I’m Still In The Race For Next Ogun Governor -Paseda
- Ogun Reunites 64 Libya Returnees With Relatives
- NNL, Nationwide League Clubs to hold Pre-season tournament in Ogun
- Customs Officers Shoot, Injure Pregnant Woman in Ogun
- Amosun Charges Journalists on Nigeria’s Unity
- Ogun Journalists Kick Against State Sponsored Media Seminar
- “2019 : Adebutu is Planning to hijack our Party” -Labour Party Cries
- 2019: Ogun Speaker Announces Intention to Contest for Governor
- 13 Years After, Obasanjo Vists Stella’s Family
Bird flu: Ogun Orders Registration of Poultry Farms
Aftermatch of the reported of Avian Influenza(bird flu) at a poultry farm in Ilugun Local Council Development Area, Ogun State government has directed all poultry farm owners of more than 250 birds, to register with the Ministry of Agriculture.
It also orderef hatchery operators, livebird markets and poultry processing facilities in the state to register with the same ministry.
This move the ministry said was in accordance with Animal Disease Control Act 2004.
The registration which it said commenced immediately was in collaboration with the state chapter of Poultry Association of Nigeria.
The state Commissioner for Agriculture, Mrs. Adepeju Adebajo, said this new step would would allow the state to have updated database of the poultry farmers and other value-chain operators in.the poultry business.
She said, “This will bring about better control of zoonotic and endemic diseases in the state.”
Adebajo also said the registration would also put into focus farms that were entitled to compensation in case of outbreak of zoonotic diseases like the highly pathogenic Avian Influenza.
She solicited the cooperation of all stakeholders for a thorough and successful registration process warning that defaulters would be made to face the full weight of the law.
She also warned of closure of such farms or hatcheries if need be in the event of disease outbreak and other unforeseen eventualities caused by their negligence.