- DPR Seals up Five Filling Stations in Sango-Ota
- I’m Still In The Race For Next Ogun Governor -Paseda
- Ogun Reunites 64 Libya Returnees With Relatives
- NNL, Nationwide League Clubs to hold Pre-season tournament in Ogun
- Customs Officers Shoot, Injure Pregnant Woman in Ogun
- Amosun Charges Journalists on Nigeria’s Unity
- Ogun Journalists Kick Against State Sponsored Media Seminar
- “2019 : Adebutu is Planning to hijack our Party” -Labour Party Cries
- 2019: Ogun Speaker Announces Intention to Contest for Governor
- 13 Years After, Obasanjo Vists Stella’s Family
Faleti Begins Final Lap Home, Today
The burial of late Author, Dramatist, Broadcaster and Nigeria’s first video editor, Alagba Adebayo Faleti, will start today at the prestigious University of Ibadan (UI) with a day of tributes and performances at the International Conference Centre by 4pm.
According to the Oyo state Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, Mr. Toye Arulogun who announced the commencement of the burial rites, added that the remains of the late playwright will lie-in-state at the office of the Broadcasting Corporation of Oyo State (BCOS) on Thursday.
He said , “The commendation service for Alagba Faleti will hold on Wednesday, September 6 at the Salem Baptist Church, Yemetu by 12pm while there will be the lying-in-state at his residence on Thursday, September 7, by 8am; lying-in-state at the BCOS, Ile Akede by 10am; and at NTA Ibadan at 11am,” he said, adding that his remains would leave for Oyo town for service of songs/Christian wake at the First Baptist Church, Isokun, Oyo on Thursday.
On the same day, according to him, there will be Artist Night at Plaza De Haruna, Oyo by 8pm while the final burial ceremony service will hold on Friday, September 8, 2017 at the First Baptist Church, Isokun.
He added, Internment will hold at Agboye Village, Oyo State.